Hello all in Adelaide

Guest Andig

Guest Andig

Hi all, have just joined as I've decided to start the ball rolling. been looking for a while now at different places within Oz, already started to go for 489 visa, IELTS test next month and hopefully skills test to.

i have 4 daughters and my OH is just completing her BA Hons/QTS, but we will have to arrive Aug 2014 as she will need her NQT year behind her.

i work in the HVAC so any input from plumbers/air con or service engineers would be appreciated.

looking forward to starting this journey as i was offered a job in NZ 10years ago and have regretted it ever since, but things have changed and the whole family is up for it now, and that is the important thing, it will be a hard journey so we all need to stick together. time is running out, I'm not getting any younger and i don't want to be thinking WHAT IF for the rest of my life.

any advice welcome thanks to all

Andy :wacko:

Guest bluebells

Hi Andy, We've been here for a long time now and kids have flown the nest. It's worth all the effort. Blue skies, sandy beaches and you don't even have to pay to park at the beach!! I lived in Portsmouth for a while, anywhere near you?

Guest Andig

Hi Bluebells, sounds like you have had a good time. Yes I'm not to far from Portsmouth just up the M27 edge of New Forest.

How long have you been over for?

Theres do much research to do, but my 4 girls are really up for it, it's a chance for a new beginning, and I feel I need to give them that opportunity.

If ok can I pick your brains at any stage?

Andi

Guest bluebells

Anytime Andy, We moved 17yrs ago. Still miss 'old blighty' sometimes, and we never miss any of the old pommie tv programs but the benefits of being here are great. Our kids were 6 & 10 when we moved so they don't remember much of England. Any idea where you think you might move to? Do you have any friends or rellies here?

Guest Andig

Thank you. I realise there will be some things we will miss, probably the history seeing west end shows, but apart from that I think the family together is more important.

I'm not sure what area yet, I'm trying to work out the suburbs and the cost of property, is there areas I should avoid?

We would not know anybody so complete change. We will try and put the mother-in-law on my visa, as she is originally from Malta and is on her own.

My wife has a cousin in Melbourne that is the closest family.

When I was offered to go to NZ the only thing stopping us was my wife's family, things have changed and she only has her Mum to worry about and I have been told that I should be able to get her added to me visa.

So how have you found life in Oz, did you take much to change your way of thinking.

I'm listening to Adelaide radio a lot to try and pick up things that are going on in the area. But your 26C to our 5C looks nice.

Thanks

Andi

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DownInAlbion

Andig,

I can only speak for HVAC if you are an installer, you just have to validate your skills when here, which I think you do at master builders if you take a look on the website. Work wise, in that field you shouldn't have an issue.