excited and dreaming

Guest PeakHillPossy

Guest PeakHillPossy

Hi everyone

Just thought we would say hello, 1st time on here.

I think we have just made our minds up to go ahead and see if we can emigrate to Adelaide, ......we are soooooooo excited so are the kids 15 & 13 at just the thought of applying........what will happen if they actually accept us whooopeee! Now then where do we start??????????

Jane & Gary:jiggy:

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Welcome to PIA! Good luck with the visa journey. What is your or your partners skill? What part of UK are you from? Are you going to use an agent, we didnt & found it ok but then I'm a nurse & I think the TRA/skills assessment is more straight forward, having said that there was still some stressy moments in there!! Anyway good luck with it all.

Guest soggy

Welcome to PIA, and good luck with the visa process. Have you done much reserch on what you have to do? what you do first depends on the skill you are useing to apply, what ever it is getting as much of your work history together in as much detail as possible and with as much evidence to prove it is where we all start and Adelaide is where most of us end up:D:D.

You will get lots of help from this site, ask and someone will give you the answer.

Simon:D

Guest Django

I'm still exicited and we decided to go about 12 months ago. :biglaugh:

Welcome to PIA. Be prepared for lots of waiting, frustration and loads of form filling. Did I mention the waiting? :unsure:

Good luck on your journey and hope to meet you on the sunnyside.

Pete

Guest PeakHillPossy

My Hubby is a Factory Manager and I am an Admin Manager...I just hope they need those sorts of skills. We are from a small town near Sheffield, not sure about agent or anything yet only just decided...so all this is very new to us but I will keep you posted and no doubt knowing me ask loads of questions.

Guest alibongo

Hi Jane and Gary,

Good luck with your visa application.. We have children of similar ages they are 14 and 15 and both are looking forward to going ...Thank goodness!!

Ali

Guest graandjac

;)The best place to start is right here, loads of friendly advice and no question goes unanswered, great to have the kids "on side" as it can be a funny age for emigrating as they are just setting down roots check out www.adelaidebound.com great Adelaide site.

Cheers Graham

Guest PeakHillPossy

Thanks for your responses. It was actually our kids that chose Australia (with a bit of gentle persuasion), we thought to have them on side would be a lot easier than to totally have to convince them, our oldest is a little concerned about uni but I am sure they are just as good in Australia.

We are going to the expo in Leeds tomorrow to get as much info as possible, can't wait.

Guest Nicky&Andy

hi jane & gary good luck with the process , good choice kids, lol we started with an agent , never looked back , good luck with what you decide,

nicky

Guest PeakHillPossy

Hi - been to the expo in Leeds and now very disapointed!

Having put our info in the online checks and told we scored enough points we went full of enthusiasm. When we spoke to a migration consultant he told us we did not qualify as we had worked our way up to management positions but did not have university degrees ! ?

Has anyone else had similar problems and did you overcome them?

We were hoping to go on a permanent skilled sponsored visa. Has anyone been on the temporary 3 year visa and made a go of it and gained a permanent visa ?

We are still going to explore all possibilities and would appreciate any help / advice there is.

Guest louiesmum

Hi Jane Gary

Sorry to hear about that. I haven't had that problem as am a nurse, however I only work part time & every single agent/migration person we spoke to said "no way" that I did not work enough hours, & they would not entertain us, prob one of reasons we did it ourselves, we ended up going through SA sponsership & SC134 dont think since sept changes this exsits anymore, not sure of its equivilent.I am sure there will be someone on here that has had smilar prob to you & will be able to say how they got over it. What I'm trying to say is dont give up I'm sure you will find another way!! Good Luck

Guest thelincolns

Hi Jane and Gary

Just to say we have been through this too- hoped to go Qld on a permanent visa and the online websites gave us hope showing that we had the magic 120 points that would have bought us the ticket to our dream of the PR- but we came down with a crash after speaking with Go Matilda who told us we would not qualify and could only look at SA with a 475 visa (we have both uni degrees though).

In hindsight, it was not a bad twist of fate as now that I have researched it I quite like the sound of SA. You do not need an agent if you are prepared to do your homework- just look at the immigration SA website to check for which other occupation you could qualify. Other members are better qualified to advise (pls correct me if wrong!) but my guess is that unless one of you has the uni degree you will have to look at 40 points occupations- unless you have another skill that is in demand. Maybe posting a bit more about yourselves (your ages, diplomas/qualifications etc) might enable you to get help from people on here. Don't give up just yet!

I have been browsing this site for a month now and got more out of it than any book can tell you...

Post away!

Gabriella

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PeakHillPossy

Oh dear! what a crushing feeling to be told "no chance mate" because my OH has done it the hard way and worked his way up the promotion ladder to Production Manager over the last 13 years(no offence to people with degrees as I am sure you worked very hard too!) we are not able apply as he does not have a BA degree. We have looked into him doing one now on the OU but it will take upto 6 years by which time he will be over 45 so will lose points that way. So it looks like we are staying here, wow.... how that hurts to say that! Me and the kids haven't stopped crying yet, it's taken until now to be able to post this to let you all know. My OH even rang the SA Government to see if he could get sponsored and they said yes as soon as you pass the skills test, but without a degree ar trade they will not even look at you.

I feel so sorry for my OH as he now blames himself, he thinks he's let us down.

Anyway to all you lucky people making the move good luck and have a drink for us when you get there!

Jane

Guest Django

Could you not go out on a student visa? Study out there for the qualification you need and once qualified you can apply for the PR visa. You will both be able to work. Okay you won't be able to work full time but both wages together would be like full time for one person.

Its an option that may be open to you. I don't know your circumstances so can't say whether this would suit you. I have known people to do this.

Pete

read this cartoon strip in the paper the other day, but it's so true......

080419vbd.gif

Sometimes you've got to lead your dreams. Explore all avenues. I know a family who came out on a student visa, studied for a year and got their residency that way, via sponsership when they got job offers here. Good luck with whatever you decide.

rachel

Guest Gamba "n" Kerry

welcome to pia were new to good luck with all your dreams thats what lifes made out of p.s youl love this forum we do any and i mean questions u need ans ask n someone will no the ans it really is an amazin site kez n gamb

Guest Gamba "n" Kerry

hi ya iv read lots of ur posts u seem 2 no ya stuff any chance ov givin us a bit of info as u no we lost our money we first agent now treadin gingerly at mo gambs a hgv mechanic but 18 mths ago swapped trade to refridgeration engineer now it seems he has to be in said trade for 2 years a friend told me he cud go over on student visa re lern his trade while i work to support him can u gen us up on this if poss? kez n gamb

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Sorry to hear its not going so well, but maybe the student route would be another option you could explore. I wish you all luck & hope you find a way to fulfill your dreams

Guest BAZnDAF

Hi Jane,

I'm not sure which skills assesment your OH is going for, but for my IT skills there was 2 options, if you don't have a qualification then you could apply under something called Recognition of Prior Learning, this basically means that they offeset a qualification against your years of experience. Not sure if this is available for your OH test.

where there is a will there is a way.. keep looking and something will surface

Guest PeakHillPossy

Thank you so much for your suggestions...you have lifted my heart no end ...we will look into the student visa straight away...we did think about this a little but we were a little bit scared as to whether we would make aliving when we got there. Its a big step to leave 2 full time jobs and get 2 part time jobs.

Is there anyone who has taken this route that could advise us? oh I hope so.

Guest The Pottertons

Hi guys- i feel for you, how crushing! My agent told me the other day that they are reopening pathway D at some point soon. This is the pathway people took who had experience but no qualifications. We were talking in the context of construction at the time but wondered if it was for all occupations. Our lawyer is in Tasmania and is currently setting up for the change which is happening due to the amount of protest at the sept changes. Might be worth asking an agent about this as im no expert- I use emigrating expert who told me this. Anyway good luck and when one door closes another will open. Dont give up just yet!! Yvonne x

Guest PeakHillPossy

Wow Yvonne I do hope your right. My OH is checking the student route as well but he is going to ring Go matilda and ask them if they have heard of this also. I wish I had posted our dissapointment earlier as everyone has been so helpful the dream is coming alive again.

Once again thanks everyone your a great help and inspiration.

Jane

Guest Sharron & Andrew

Hi,

We have been gathering loads of information on the web, our kids that are coming with us are 12 and 9. We have a 16 year old daughter but she has decided that she wants to stay here with my mam and finish her Childcare qualifications as she will be half way through if and when our visa comes through. Its a tough one but she will come out when she is a fully qualifed in childcare. We are going to Leeds on 11th May so any thoughts you have on it would be most appreciated. It is a three hour drive for us to get there so any inside info would make the journey all the more worthwhile.

Good luck with your application,

Sharron, Andrew (bricklayer/builder) Matty (12), Kenan (9) and Rebecca (16)