• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Morphett Vale SA
      93 times
      Hi Jane,

I'm not sure which skills assesment your OH is going for, but for my IT skills there was 2 options, if you don't have a qualification then you could apply under something called Recognition of Prior Learning, this basically means that they offeset a qualification against your years of experience. Not sure if this is available for your OH test.

where there is a will there is a way.. keep looking and something will surface

Thank you so much for your suggestions...you have lifted my heart no end ...we will look into the student visa straight away...we did think about this a little but we were a little bit scared as to whether we would make aliving when we got there. Its a big step to leave 2 full time jobs and get 2 part time jobs.

Is there anyone who has taken this route that could advise us? oh I hope so.

The Pottertons
      Hi guys- i feel for you, how crushing! My agent told me the other day that they are reopening pathway D at some point soon. This is the pathway people took who had experience but no qualifications. We were talking in the context of construction at the time but wondered if it was for all occupations. Our lawyer is in Tasmania and is currently setting up for the change which is happening due to the amount of protest at the sept changes. Might be worth asking an agent about this as im no expert- I use emigrating expert who told me this. Anyway good luck and when one door closes another will open. Dont give up just yet!! Yvonne x

Wow Yvonne I do hope your right. My OH is checking the student route as well but he is going to ring Go matilda and ask them if they have heard of this also. I wish I had posted our dissapointment earlier as everyone has been so helpful the dream is coming alive again.

Once again thanks everyone your a great help and inspiration.

Sharron & Andrew

We have been gathering loads of information on the web, our kids that are coming with us are 12 and 9. We have a 16 year old daughter but she has decided that she wants to stay here with my mam and finish her Childcare qualifications as she will be half way through if and when our visa comes through. Its a tough one but she will come out when she is a fully qualifed in childcare. We are going to Leeds on 11th May so any thoughts you have on it would be most appreciated. It is a three hour drive for us to get there so any inside info would make the journey all the more worthwhile.

Good luck with your application,

Sharron, Andrew (bricklayer/builder) Matty (12), Kenan (9) and Rebecca (16)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums