We're Here!!!

Guest Jamie

Guest Jamie

Well after nearly four years we've just arrived, it's our first full day in our new life in Oz

After lots of emotional goodbyes and just over a 20 hour flight we finally touched down in Adelaide last night. We are staying with rellies in Mount Torrens and just chillin and catching up with family for the weekend whilst the jet lag wears off, then on Monday it will be into the City to pick up bank cards, register for our tax number etc, then after that looking for jobs, areas to settle and a school for our 11 year old boy.

It feels a massive achievement after the time it has taken to finally get our visa and be here, it seemed like it was never going to happen at one point but then the past 3 months have just flown and couldn't have worked out any better, selling our house, selling both our cars etc. Hope the luck continues over here......but it feels great to be here and now just looking forward to the rest of our lives in Oz!!

:biggrin:

You'll be pinching yourselves for weeks (maybe months) to come that your dream is finally reality! I wish you well in all ways, Jamie and family. There might be some bumps and dips along the way, but that's to be expected while you're finding your feet in a new country where things will look and feel a bit different to what you're used to. At the end of the day, there's a great life to be lived here, I promise! Welcome to Oz! x

Welcome to oz, we've been here 4 months now and it's flown.felt like the first 2 months we didn't take a breath we were so busy.calmed down a bit now and still can't believe we've really done it. Expect to have a few emotional days but they will pass. Enjoy your new life xxx

Fab you've arrived. And great having a few days to kick back and relax with family. Jet lag is a cow when it hits and the first time I flew to Aus it affected me for about a week. I'd never really had a problem before flying long haul but that was harsh. Since then its gotten better.

Hope your son is enjoying it also and that you find a school he is happy in.

Anyways, keep us posted how you are getting on. Always good to hear from people once they have arrived and settled in. I know you'll be flat out for a while but we'll still be here when you have a few minutes and happy to hear how things are going.