Moving in September

Guest JennyMitch

Guest JennyMitch

Hi Everyone.

We are moving to Nuriootpa in September this year. Although we already have family there we are keen to meet new friends. We are both 27 and our daughter is 3.

My Husband is a bricky and a weekend footballer so if anyone knows of any local teams could you please let me know as he really wants to continue to play when we get there.

Also, I'm really keen for my little girl to make friends so if anyone has children of a similar age and wants to meet up for play dates please get in touch.

In general, we are a fun loving family. We love a bbq and a beer (or 5!) Thanks for reading and hopefully I'll speak to some of you soon.

Jenny x :smile:

Hello and welcome to the forum. I noticed you signed up in 2011, good to read you are now so close to the point of making the move. I guess its been a long road and all that.

Can't help much on the area you are planning on living as that is up north I think and an area I am not familiar with in the least.

Club wise I had a quick google (and guessed you were meaning soccer when you said football) and found this site

http://www.saasl.com.au/clubs.asp?mid=67&ClubId=205

Hopefully it'll give you a starting point. Just remember to call it soccer as if you say football that would mean Aussie rules to most Aussies (although they might get you mean soccer if you hail from overseas but don't bank on it). There are plenty of other teams to be found in and around Adelaide also.

I was trying to think if we have any members from that area posting on here. I can't recall anyone from Nuriootpa itself but could be wrong.

Anyways, hopefully we'll see you around the forum in future :) Good luck with the move and keep us posted how it all goes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Karuna

Hi,

I am from India. N my family is pretty similar to urs. M 27, My husband 30 and my daughter is 2.5 years old. We got our Visa on the 24th of this month and we shall be moving in September.

we are looking forward to make new friends!!!

Guest NewInOz

You will have no problem making friends when you have a young child and sports clubs in Australia are great places for meeing new friends. Good luck with it.

Jenny, there are many clubs in the northern suburbs and your husband will have no problem finding a club, whatever level he is at. What snifter said is partially right, football is the name, but some call it soccer. The governing body is FFA, and the local one FFSA.

The season starts in the new year and training and registrations are from September, so you are coming at the right time. The highest ranked team close to Nuri is Gawler but they are currently, the weakest team in the federation and rely on youngsters.

I am happy to help with more info on clubs etc nearer the time of your arrival.

Guest JennyMitch
Jenny, there are many clubs in the northern suburbs and your husband will have no problem finding a club, whatever level he is at. What snifter said is partially right, football is the name, but some call it soccer. The governing body is FFA, and the local one FFSA.

The season starts in the new year and training and registrations are from September, so you are coming at the right time. The highest ranked team close to Nuri is Gawler but they are currently, the weakest team in the federation and rely on youngsters.

I am happy to help with more info on clubs etc nearer the time of your arrival.

I must remember to call it soccer!! Thank you so much. I will be in touch when we get there and maybe you could advise a bit more.

Forever grateful Jenny

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gulsanga

Hey Jenny,

We got our grant yesterday, planning to make the move in September. Im 29 my husband is 30 and i have 3.5 year old daughter Lyla! no idea where which area we will move into , if you know of good neighbourhoods let us know please.

x