New to the site

Guest diane & Chris

Guest diane & Chris

Hi All

Have been researching Adelaide and migration aspects for a few months. We feel very serious about migrating and have just bookde a flight to Adelaide. We are going for 3 weeks for hols and a good look around to help us decide for certain. Have not booked accommodation yet and looking for 3 bed prefer pool and fairly close to a nice beach. Glenegl looks nice but don't really mind.

I am a qualified social worker with lots of experience, but unfortunately don't have qualifications to work in OZ. Would need to top up i guess. My husband is a newly qualified electrician and hasn't the 12 mths exp, so we will have to wait a little while before applying. We are attending a seminar in Mancnester tomorrow and hopefully gain lots of information.

Anyway we are really looking forward to Nov and would appreciate any info on where to stay for a base.

Diane & Chris, Ryan 20 and Charlotte 3

Cheshire:D

Guest isandev

Hiya,

Cant really offer any advice on where to stay im afraid as were not there yet!!!! Hope you dont mind me asking but what is the expo in manchester for and where is it??

Many thanks and good luck on your quest!!

Guest diane & Chris

Hi Gavin and Fiona

The seminar is with "Thinking Australia.com" and is a talk on migration, jobs, pension, moving etc. Generally about migration. I will be using them as an agent once we are sure we want go ahead

Diane

Guest alibongo

Welcome to both of you

It is a really good idea to go to the country you are planning to emigrate to..You will love it. It is the only holiday I didnt want to come back from!!

I will be going to the Expo in London in 2 weeks time and hoping to pick up some tips and hope to get my OH a job.. He thinks he will be doing some research on all thegolf courses in Adelaide!!!! I think not!!

Good luck with it all and have a wonderful holiday in November. It will come round before you know it

Ali

Guest isandev

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the reply. Hope you find it of interest. The site Pete has mentioned is very good and full of interesting info. Good luck.

Guest diane & Chris

Chris and i went to a seminar at the hilton manchester airport today. Was very informative, however to our surprise was told that chris would not qualify as he had not completed an apprenticeship as an electrician or got at least 5 yrs exp. Both gutted, chris has spent 3 yrs part time to qualify with all up to date qualifications. Not sure where to go from here, has been a furniture assembler for years, learnt on the job. i dont qualify in oz to practice as a social worker, but told i could try and get sponsor as a hairdresser. Not worked as a hairdresser for 6 years.

Have some thinking to do

Diane & chris:sad::sad: