JUST STARTING WERE DO YOU START

Guest gaz&jo

Guest gaz&jo

VERY KEEN TO GET GOING BEEN RECOMMENDED AND AGENCY TO USE ANY ONE HEARD OF IAN HARROP HE HAS BEEN RECOMMENDED.MY HUSBAND A PLUMBER AND I AM HAIRDRESSER WE HAVE TWO YOUNG CHILDREN WANT TO BE ABLE ESCAPE AND GIVE THEM A BETTER LIFE. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GRATEFULL :)

Guest Aussiebound
VERY KEEN TO GET GOING BEEN RECOMMENDED AND AGENCY TO USE ANY ONE HEARD OF IAN HARROP HE HAS BEEN RECOMMENDED.MY HUSBAND A PLUMBER AND I AM HAIRDRESSER WE HAVE TWO YOUNG CHILDREN WANT TO BE ABLE ESCAPE AND GIVE THEM A BETTER LIFE. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GRATEFULL :)

Hi

We are also from Lincolnshire, in Boston, wherabouts are you?

Have just started the visa application, currently sorting our the TRA application to send off shortly. We are using Go Matilda, have been excellent so far and have only heard good things about them.

Don't know about wages etc for your trades, Neil is a Welder / boilermaker and I am a Special Needs Teaching Assistant. Found a lot of useful info on http://www.adelaidebound.com If you go to http://www.yellowpages.co.au and type in your job title, it will list all relevant companies in the areas you are looking for. http://www.domain.com.au is an excellent site for houses - rental and sale,

Are you going to Adelaide, we have been torn between Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth but think we have finally settled on Adelaide.

from Sarah, Neil, Holly (6) and Elise (3)

Guest dglamoore

Hi

Have seen quite a few good recommendations for Ian Harrop. We opted to use Go Matilda and they have been excellent :lol:

Advice - stock up on patience, a good cushion to sit on for the amount of time you will spend on forums, hair dye to cover grey hairs and some more patience!!

Good luck with it all and remember that as stressful as this may get at times it is all worth it when that visa grant letter comes through at the end 8)

Any questions just shout!!

Lisa

Guest Libby1971

Hi there

We are Libby 35, Bob 45, Emily 13 and Sophie 10. We used Ian Harrop and have another friend who is also using them. They have been excellent. It cost us £1400 just under for their services, I think, can't quite remember. Either way, they represented great value for money as they got us our visa!!!! We're off in 2 weeks. In fact, 2 weeks from nowI shall be in Singapore.

Recommendations:

Visit Lisa's site called Adelaide Bound. Fabulous. Tons of links and information for families.

Talk to people in the same situation on forums. We are either going through it or have done or will do. We do understand. And that is important. I think this forum is by far the friendliest and full of families. So alot of the conversations you can relate to.

Be patient. This process is designed to test the limits of human endurance. And it does.

Good luck

Libby

Guest gaz&jo

we are from scunthorpe , near doncaster trying to find out how much plumbers are paid, and if you have to pay for schooling and healthcare.There is lots to do but dont no were to start thinking queensland as well, need to make a decision . hellllllllllllllp !!!!!!!

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi Gaz and Jo

Welcome to the site.

We used Ian Harrop and they have been brilliant and very thorough. We are going on a skilled 136 visa and hope to be out by Sept this year at the latest. I'm a hairdresser and my Hubbies a Carpenter Joiner.

We're using his skills as he's younger than me so gain more points.

Jane :):)

Guest gaz&jo

thanks for reply , which part are you going to , how long has it took you to get this far, have you started looking for accomadation yet. Do you intend working when you get out there ? how old are your children mine are 1 and 10 .

Guest Jane.Mason

HI Gaz and Jo

We have three children aidan, Callum, Abbie aged 8,5,2. We are heading down south of Adelaide as looking at buying some acreage.

It took us a while between TRA and lodgement due to my daughter's med probs but now all OK and finally lodged. Been acknowledged and meds/police checks being done in next two weeks.

We will most prob both be working when we get there (depends on childcare) to start with but long term hope to have house and land work for us. Just have to suck it and see.

Jane :roll:

Guest gaz&jo

i no this sounds stupid what recci mean , and accreage we are very new to this, do you have some were to stay when you get there.Wish you all the luck in the world , ithink this country is going down hill, had my own buisness just sold it , it was a hard decision to make built it up from nothing to 17 staff and two receptionists, there got to be more to life than here ,i am so keen to get gooing are you taking your furniture with you being looking how much it costs to ship it , wonder if it best to sell every thing , thanks for repling.

Guest dglamoore

There are no silly questions in migrating as everyone is on a (sometimes very steep) learning curve :D

A 'reccie' is a trip that some take to Adelaide to feel the ground before moving over - check out houses, areas, jobs etc. We are just taking a leap of faith and arriving blind :shock:

Acreage is a large plot of land with or without house - ie more than an acre

We have just closed down our business in the last week so know how you feel on that one but will be an adventure starting again in OZ. We have a 20ft container which is very very full and costing us £4200 including insurance (and they pack everything too :lol: ) but we would not be able to replace the items in the container for this price. All depends on how much your stuff is worth and how much you want to replace. Containers seem to vary from £3200 upwards for sole use of a full 20ft.

Lisa :D

Guest Django
There are no silly questions in migrating

I disagree. There is one and that is the one you don't ask. :wink:

If you don't know something never be afraid to ask. Its the only way sometimes to find something out.

there got to be more to life than here

Having driven around Scunnie a lot while working I have to agree with you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are planning to arrive with just personal belongings in our suitcases but I can see it stretching to a 20ft container :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pete

Guest Django
DO YOU NO IF OUR COMPUTER WOULD WORK OVER THERE ? THANKS

I know that Oz has a similar electrics to us so all our stuff should work over there. I assume the phone lines work in a similar fashion but I'm sure someone could put us right on that one. So yes, your computer will work but I don't know for certain whether the modem will to access the internet.

Guest dglamoore

Your pc will work over there no problem. Just remember to take a gang plug so you can use all your pc stuff straight away without having to change all the plugs in one go. We have loads of surge protector plugs around the house so they will all go with us :lol:

Lisa

Guest dglamoore

We are flying from Heathrow to Singapore with singapore airlines on 22nd April and then from Singapore to Adelaide on the 27th arriving on the 28th 8)

Lisa