new to this

Guest Grim2468

Guest Grim2468

Hi everyone myself wife and two children are hoping to get to Adelaide in about ten months time on a skillled workers visa.i work with cnc machines was wondering how much work there is in adelaide for people like myself

Guest Django

Hi peeps,

Welcome to PIA. Can't help with your questions for 2 reasons. Firstly I'm still in the UK but also I haven't a Scooby what a cnc machine is. :biglaugh:

But wanted to say hi anyway.

Pete

Guest Grim2468

Thanks for that pete my name is john me my wife and two daughters are hopefully emigrating in the next 10 to 12 months im in the process of going through my work history with is a pain but its go to be done.Theyve told me that we can get there with permanent residence as soon as we land cause of my job whitch is a bonus but im a bit apprehensive about not having a job to start before we go so ill have to set up some interviews before we go.

Guest Django

That is the thing with going to live in a different country. Unfortunately in some lines of work you need to get a work permit before you can get employment and you can't get a permit until you get there. Have a word with your agent and find out if this is the case for you.

Pete

Guest sarahsmartiepants
.Theyve told me that we can get there with permanent residence as soon as we land cause of my job whitch is a bonus but im a bit apprehensive about not having a job to start before we go so ill have to set up some interviews before we go.
Is the visa you are coming with not perm res? What is a cnc machine?

sarah

Guest Guest75
Is the visa you are coming with not perm res? What is a cnc machine?

sarah

Something like a computer controlled cutting/drilling machine? I think.

Guest Libby1971

If memory serves, it is something to do with engineering, isn't it?

I can't help with work opportunities, but I think Pete posted about permits and he is right. Have a look into the work requirements ie if you do need one for your job because for some it can take hours to get a permit, and others it can take weeks.

Libby

Guest paul_smart

Hi Grim,

welcome to PIA, I'm an Engineer too who spent a while in Adelaide, the Industry is massive in the outer suburds, CNC Milling and Turning won't be too much of an issue though I think most of it will still be normal Tuning/Milling they are a touch behind, don't think work will be a problem to find but with kids i wouldn't risk going without verification of a job, I don't have nippers or any savings so I have to have employment on landing, I'm not too far through the process TRA step 1 is all but i have an 18 month projection time though reading about everyone else popping off already is making me GREEN

Guest Grim2468

Hi Paul with my trade my agent has told me i dont nrrd sponsership to get a visa as we can get perm res as soon as we land ive been told to try and set up interviews a couple of months prior.Ive got a mate in NSW in the same industry he said i should have no probs i more worried about where to live and how the kids are going to settle cheers mate

Guest graandjac
Hi peeps,

Welcome to PIA. Can't help with your questions for 2 reasons. Firstly I'm still in the UK but also I haven't a Scooby what a cnc machine is. :biglaugh:

But wanted to say hi anyway.

Pete

Pete PMSL big time you make me laugh, looking forward to those rounds. cheers Graham

Guest mOZzy

hello and welcome to pia!

i think pete meant you might need certification of your skills once in oz!

many trades need that like electrician (my OH :confused:)

you need to sit an exam and basically put in your TRA again, and something like h&s and cpr? - worth checking if you'll need something like that.

for an electrician without that A-licence you can't work unsupervised so they don't take you on as easily or pay less...

we've been told it's very hard to get a job before hand although there is lots out there.

but understandably an employer wants to see you first ;)

so we intend to send out lots of cv's once we actually have a date for our flights which we can tell the employers!!

good luck!