• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new to this

Hi Paul with my trade my agent has told me i dont nrrd sponsership to get a visa as we can get perm res as soon as we land ive been told to try and set up interviews a couple of months prior.Ive got a mate in NSW in the same industry he said i should have no probs i more worried about where to live and how the kids are going to settle cheers mate

Noarlunga Downs, Adelaide
      167 times
      Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
      Hi peeps,

Welcome to PIA. Can't help with your questions for 2 reasons. Firstly I'm still in the UK but also I haven't a Scooby what a cnc machine is.

But wanted to say hi anyway.

Pete PMSL big time you make me laugh, looking forward to those rounds. cheers Graham

Hallett Cove
      62 times
      hello and welcome to pia!

i think pete meant you might need certification of your skills once in oz!
      many trades need that like electrician (my OH )
      you need to sit an exam and basically put in your TRA again, and something like h&s and cpr? - worth checking if you'll need something like that.

for an electrician without that A-licence you can't work unsupervised so they don't take you on as easily or pay less...

we've been told it's very hard to get a job before hand although there is lots out there.
      but understandably an employer wants to see you first ;)
      so we intend to send out lots of cv's once we actually have a date for our flights which we can tell the employers!!

good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums