HI ALL - WE'D LIKE TO SAY HELLO AND ASK FOR SOME ADVICE

Guest gordon&laura

Guest gordon&laura

First of all - hi everyone!!!

It's nice to meet you all.

Never been on this website before.

We were originally thinking of going to Perth - but as we have family in Adelaide we arent sure what to do.

Anyone else been in that situation - and chose Adelaide over Perth? Is there plenty of opportunities for bricklayers out there - does anybody know how much they earn?

We are definately heading for Ox on the 3 July - not sure where yet - yikes!

Laura and Gordon :lol: :lol:

Guest happy-jools

Hello and welcome to the site Laura & Gordon.

Not been in the position to chose between Adelaide & Perth, due to points can only go to Adelaide.

Looks fab though.. Have you checked our http://www.adelaidebound.com

Its a great site with lots of info on Adelaide.

Good luck.

Any questions ask away.

cheers. :D:D:D

Guest gordon&laura
Hello and welcome to the site Laura & Gordon.

Not been in the position to chose between Adelaide & Perth, due to points can only go to Adelaide.

Looks fab though.. Have you checked our ]www.adelaidebound.com

Its a great site with lots of info on Adelaide.

Good luck.

Any questions ask away.

cheers. :D:D:D

Hey guys - thanks for your kind words - I'm afraid that wages issue will be the deciding factor for us. That sounds really bad doesnt it!

I'll have a look at those websites and see if it says anything there. Adelaide certainly looks really nice - and laid back.

Hope all goes well with you - keep in touch.

Laura

Guest dglamoore

Wages may be lower in Adelaide but the cost of housing is quite a bit less than Perth so should balance out a bit.

Good look with all your research. Have you looked at seek.com for job info?

Lisa :D

Guest jen&ian

Hi ,

We have friends in Perth and were all set to move there, well just south actually near Rockingham, but the cost of living and housing seems much more atractive in SA so Adelaide it is.

Jen & Ian

Guest Django

Hi G & L,

If it was a straight choice between Perth and Adelaide, Addy would win every time. Everyone I speak to that have been to or lived in Perth tell me that they felt very isolated. Yes there is more money coming in but on the flip sid there is more money going out than Adelaide. That said its your choice yo've got to do your homework and choose what is right for you and your family.

Good luck with the adventure. :D

Pete

Guest graandjac

hi Gordon and Laura :D

From what we have found out although wages are slightly higher in Perth, the cost of living is way higher, so i think they out way each other that way.

I am a roof tiler and there seams to loads of development in Adelaide so i cant see work drying up just yet, also the boom in Perth has pushed alot of house prices up so our pounds dont go so far for that first house purchace, we have some house mags from builders in Adelaide and i still cant believe how cheep the houses are. Hope this helps happy traverling

TRA of next week Graham 36 Jacqui 34 Holly 9 and Owen 8

Guest graandjac

HI Happy jooles waiting for a letter from the tax office to say that i am self employed ahhhhhhhhhh :x have rung twice and they keep saying it is on the way. That is all that is left. The race is still on!!!

Cheers Graham, jacqui , Holly, and owen