Dont know what to do help!!!!

Guest maggie

Guest maggie

Hello everyone

My name is Marie I move out to oz at the end of May with my family, husband robbie (36) and daughters Sophie (5) Mia (1) We had planned to move to Adelaide but I have not been able to find work yet. I am a mental Health Nurse. Can anyone tell me abit about Adelaide. Is there much to do as a family. Even though my party days are over now I still like to get a bit dressed up for a night out (once in a blue moon). Someone told me today that this doesnt happen in Adelaide is this true. I would love to live near a beech as my eldest daughter thinks that she will be spending all day everyday on the beech. Is the child care any good? I have only a few days to make my mind up between Adelaide and Melbourne. I would be most grateful for any advice.

Marie X

:arghh::goofy:

Adelaide has bars, nightclubs resteraunts etc where you could glam up and not feel out of place. There is plenty to do for a family and there are childcare centres, although in some areasthere may be a bit of a waitinglist, especially for a baby. There are plenty of beaches and if you don't mind living a bit further out affordable housing near a beach. Melbourne is a lot bigger and housing there is still a lot more expensive.

Hi Marie,

Wow, a few days to make such a life changing decision!

You know many people do come out to Adelaide without jobs already set up. If you have seen work advertised in your field, then maybe you should give Adelaide a shot and if you don't like it here, move on to Melbourne. I really don't think our opinions on here should sway you to one city or another.

For some more info about Adelaide though, check out this site

www.adelaidebound.com

Best of luck with your decision

Judi x

Guest Devon

Hi there. As Judi has mentioned you really shouldn't let opinions on here sway you one way or the other for such a big decision as someone can love one place and someone else hate it. We've been to Melbourne a few times as we have friends that live there. It does seem more lively at night however one thing to take into account if your daughter wants the beach is the weather - it definately does feel colder there! We've left lovely weather in Adelaide and it's felt freezing in Melbourne, couldn't wait to get home again! The weather may not bother some people for instance but I love the heat so I couldn't live there.

Hello everyone

My name is Marie I move out to oz at the end of May with my family, husband robbie (36) and daughters Sophie (5) Mia (1) We had planned to move to Adelaide but I have not been able to find work yet. I am a mental Health Nurse. Can anyone tell me abit about Adelaide. Is there much to do as a family. Even though my party days are over now I still like to get a bit dressed up for a night out (once in a blue moon). Someone told me today that this doesnt happen in Adelaide is this true. I would love to live near a beech as my eldest daughter thinks that she will be spending all day everyday on the beech. Is the child care any good? I have only a few days to make my mind up between Adelaide and Melbourne. I would be most grateful for any advice.

Marie X

An friend of ours who was a mental health nurse emigrated to Adelaide, her qualifications were recognised for emigration, but when they arrived she found that they were not recognised for working in that sector, and she could not get any work, try and find out if this is still the case.

Hello everyone

Marie X

Hi just thought you may be intrested my hubbie has been offered a job at RAH whilst he is not a mental health nurse the agency with whom he got the job through were as I undertand it looking for mental health nurses as well...... that may have changed now it was about 6 weeks ago. Worth giving them a call though -

Ogrady Peyton tel 0800 454 103

you never know they may be able to help

Heidi xx

:jiggy:

Hi Marie

Good luck with your decision, only you can make the right one. I have got a job as a nurse at the Royal Adelaide Hospital and i will be going over with just my daughter, have looked a lot at childcare. Comparing it to the UK i was in shock, they have childcare which is 24/7. You have family day care, which is like our childminders but they will have children overnight, i think they charge something like $5-$8 an hour. You also have before and after school care, generally starts at around 07:30-school starts, then school finishing till about 18:00, possibly pay around $5 in morning and $10 after school. There are nannies and babysitters which you could either employ yourself or through an agency but i have found that to be a very expensive option, i have only looked to cover my late shifts and nights so not sure if cheaper during the day. Also there are the childcare centers but not sure about costing of these, however i have been told about 1 which also has children overnight in Adelaide. There are so many options for childcare i will try and dig out a website that would be good for you to look at later and get back to you. Sorry lot of stuff here but wasn't sure what would be relevant to you. Hopefully someone else may be able to add bits or correct me if anything not quite right. I'll get back to you with that website unless anyone beats me to it.

Emma +

Alicia (6)

Guest maggie

Hi everyone

thanks for all the advice and info. Adelaide here we come. It feels that I'm doing the right thing bringing my family over and I hope and believe that adelaide can give us everything we are looking for. Just need to get a job. Been reading a few threads about spiders. Are there many in Adelaide? Most important can you get HP brown sauce and can I bring a few bottles into the country with me cant live without it. I'm so excited now.

Marie x