Thread: New to this!!

New to this!!

Hi, This is my first post. I am hoping to travel round the world with my 13 year old daughter and will be spending 3 or 4 months in adelaide. Does anyone know if she will be able to go to school whilst we are there? Also I am looking for some accomadation near the beach at Glenelg. Any suggestions? Thanks:v_SPIN: Jean

hi there i cant help you on the school issue but you will be making a good move if u go to the glenelg area its lovely.

Thanks for that, are you in glenelg? Do you have any kids?
      Would be nice to get to know someone before we come over!

South Plympton, Adelaide
      1114 times
      You will be able to enrol her in school if you get her a student visa. Even if you send her to a state school you will have to pay international student fees, but these are less than the private schools. Kat is right Glenelg is ideal for a short stay, easy to get into and out of, a fast tram into the city. Lucky daughter you have there going on a round the world trip. My youngest daughter is 14.
      Sailed SS Australis out of Southampton 1977.Arrived October in Adelaide via Melbourne 1977.Liverpool/London 1987 - 1992
      Adelaide 1992 to eternity:)and one day you'll wake up and stop counting how long you've been here.

I'm Jeans daughter, I'm 13 (You posted re schools - Mum says thanks!)
      You said u had a fourteen year old daughter and I was wondering what her favourite things about adelaide were?
      Meggs! X

Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums