I want to live in Adelaide

Guest Kay Lofty

Guest Kay Lofty

Hi Everyone, My name is Ka,y I currently live and work in Bristol, UK although I originate from South Wales, UK ( Anyone know the Gower Peninsula?) Im not loving Bristol, and have been dreaming of OZ for quite some time now, but that's it "Just Dreaming". I would love to move to Adelaide with my daughter Marina 21. So far i've completed an on line assessment which came back with the option for me to apply for a Skilled Person Visa which would allow me to work in a low skilled region with a further application for goverment sponsorship after 2 years, I think that's right? Anyway im not sure where to start, im told by 1 Migration Expert im in contact with that it will cost via their company £2,800 for completion of application, plus i need a skills test? and have scored 100 points so far? Please can anyone give me advice on the following

Where to start .........................:idea:

A good agent to help me to complete the application/ one that dosen't cost an arm and a leg so to speak

Can my daughter stay with me in Oz on my visa, or will she need to apply for her own?

If anyone can help me or at least put me in contact with a reputable migration agent it would be much appreciated and definatley worth a few bevys if im successful in getting to Adelaide.

Thanking you

Kx:wubclub:

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Hi Everyone, My name is Ka,y I currently live and work in Bristol, UK although I originate from South Wales, UK ( Anyone know the Gower Peninsula?) Im not loving Bristol, and have been dreaming of OZ for quite some time now, but that's it "Just Dreaming". I would love to move to Adelaide with my daughter Marina 21. So far i've completed an on line assessment which came back with the option for me to apply for a Skilled Person Visa which would allow me to work in a low skilled region with a further application for goverment sponsorship after 2 years, I think that's right? Anyway im not sure where to start, im told by 1 Migration Expert im in contact with that it will cost via their company £2,800 for completion of application, plus i need a skills test? and have scored 100 points so far? Please can anyone give me advice on the following

Where to start .........................:idea:

A good agent to help me to complete the application/ one that dosen't cost an arm and a leg so to speak

Can my daughter stay with me in Oz on my visa, or will she need to apply for her own?

If anyone can help me or at least put me in contact with a reputable migration agent it would be much appreciated and definatley worth a few bevys if im successful in getting to Adelaide.

Thanking you

Kx:wubclub:

Hi,

I am a Pontypridd boy and proud, try speaking to these agents http://www.migrationmatters.com/australia.php?sid=oz they should answer your questions and give you a good idea of what to do next,

Good luck

Guzzler

Guest Kay Lofty
Hi,

I am a Pontypridd boy and proud, try speaking to these agents http://www.migrationmatters.com/australia.php?sid=oz they should answer your questions and give you a good idea of what to do next,

Good luck

Guzzler

Thanks Guzzler & Sue for your speedy response, yep I know Ponty, tell me how long have you lived in Adelaide? and do you miss S Wales? I'll try the link you sent me, I need all the help I can get.

Cheers K:wubclub:

Guest Django

Hi Kay,

Welcome to PIA. Can't help with the agent thing as we haven't used one. What skill are you using for your adventure?

Good luck and keep us updated on your journey.

Pete

Guest BAZnDAF

Hi Kay,

Regarding your daughter. I too have a 21yo daughter, they can only migrate on your visa IF you can prove they are dependant over the age of 18. So for example a handicapped adult dependant on his parents would be allowed, a normal healthy 21 yo will have to apply seperately, this is what i was lead to beleive at the leeds expo last week, from a member of the Australian Immigration.

But i would double check with the immigration in london, i think the guy said you can email them

Baz

Guest Kay Lofty

Thanks Guys this is very helpful information, So 2 separate applications then, oh dear hard work this but guess it will be worth it if im successful!!

Cheers

Kayx

Baz : What did you think of the Expo in Leeds. I traveled all the way down from Newcastle upon Tyne on the Sunday, just to come back home with no further information from what I already had found out and researched myself. Spent all day Saturday printing my CV both on paper and CD for not one potential employment agency to take a copy lol. Waste of money and time. Tony and family (Boxertony)

Guest leemi1
Baz : What did you think of the Expo in Leeds. I traveled all the way down from Newcastle upon Tyne on the Sunday, just to come back home with no further information from what I already had found out and researched myself. Spent all day Saturday printing my CV both on paper and CD for not one potential employment agency to take a copy lol. Waste of money and time. Tony and family (Boxertony)

Hi

I could not agree with you more we had been talking to a lad about something and he was more interested in was all the young lasses that were walking passed £25 for the two of us we were told to print off some cvs only one company took one and that will be in the bin by now we went because we are doing a reccie in two weeks and was told that we would be able to get some useful info all we got was some papers what a rip off never again

mick

Guest BAZnDAF

to be honest we didn't find it worth the money, also found no real IT companies there so a bit of a waste of time, the seminars didn't realy give me much info i didnt already know. I think its better to ask questions and read threads on websites like this! I felt sorry for a couple we were chatting to who had driven up from bristol that morning!