Adelaide or Perth

Guest michelledenham

Guest michelledenham

We are a young family looking at moving to Perth, although I like the sound of Adelaide.

I am a senior cancer nurse and my husband is a electronice enigneer. We have two small children aged 4yrs & 2yrs and I have looked after my brother since he was 14yrs old, so he may be coming to. We have upto £250,000 to spend on a house, of which would give us a little morgage. I have been offered 4jobs in perth all with sponsorship. I plan on working until we get PR and then only work part-time whlist my hubby works full-time.

We want a slower/safer pace of life. We would like a lovely house with a pool or space for a pool. And all for no higher cost of living then what we have here.

All comments/advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle

Guest soggy

Hi,

welcome to pia,

most of us on here have already decided on Adelaide so you already know what we think. You can get a very nice house in or around Adelaide for the budget you mentioned so now worries there, and as a nurse it may be worth going for a PR visa straight away so you can work the hours you want, there are plenty of nurses on here who I am sure will tell you more.:)

Simon

Guest Django

Ditto Simon really.

I would say go straight for a 175 visa. It may take a few extra months to get but once you arrive in Oz you could work part time and said hubby out to work. ;) Also you would be able to claim family benifits from the moment you touch down. Another benefit would be no restrictions on buying a property.

Oh and welcome to PIA

Pete