booking air ticket

Guest Haythem Hassan

Guest Haythem Hassan

Im not sure if this is the right thread...

Im flying from Cairo, Egypt to Adelaide and Im booking my air ticket

I need to ask a question, why there's big difference between the same flight price if I search on emirates.com and from expedia.com for the same flight? the price in expedia is less than emirates.com by 600 $ ?? isnt this strange??

Air ticket prices are a real mystery!

A little while back my OH flew Emirates from Cape Town to Melbourne. The price that he paid in Cape Town was 25% of the price that he would have paid on the Enirates site and he bought the ticket at the Emirates office in Cape Town.

Flight centre will beat any price...it you take in your quote (including internet price) and it's the same flight you will save a little bit more.

Tamara

Flight centre will beat any price...it you take in your quote (including internet price) and it's the same flight you will save a little bit more.

After they've accused you of photoshopping the online price quote! And watch out for their credit card surcharge which often swallows up the $1 they wil beat your price by!

After they've accused you of photoshopping the online price quote! And watch out for their credit card surcharge which often swallows up the $1 they wil beat your price by!

OMG...I never thought about making my own quote! :biglaugh:

You are right about the credit card surcharge fees. I had to transfer funds into my debit card and pay that way to avoid the fees. My local Flight centre in Noarlunga reduced the fare by $50...maybe they gave me a bogan discount (I did look the part)!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Tamara

Im not sure if this is the right thread...

Im flying from Cairo, Egypt to Adelaide and Im booking my air ticket

I need to ask a question, why there's big difference between the same flight price if I search on emirates.com and from expedia.com for the same flight? the price in expedia is less than emirates.com by 600 $ ?? isnt this strange??

As mentiond on previous threads, its all about research, research and shopping around never believe you have being given the best price/options that best suit you and your needs 1st time.

Happy hunting and good luck!

Another reason for the price difference could be that it's the same flight but not the same terms and conditions, i.e. there might be differences in things like costs to change details, right to cancel, stand-by details, frequent flyer miles. Once you start reading details about how many frequent flyer miles you will get, you will begin to understand how much of a mystery airline pricing really is.. for example Qantas has the following booking categories for Economy class: YBEGHKLMNOQSVX i.e. each letter is a different ticket category, yet all of them will be exactly the same economy class flight....

and if it's Expedia it might just be a special offer (i.e. Expedia got a discount from Emirates and is now selling the tickets on)