Newbies - are there any SAPOL employees out their?

Guest farmerclan

Guest farmerclan

My DH is a police officer in Scotland and the plan is he will apply when SA Police do their next UK recruitment drive BUT we don't really know when that will be. Possibly 2009/10 :sad:

We are in limbo just now as really want to extend our family asap and need a bigger home but don't fancy the idea of moving in UK now only to then upsticks in 18mths to OZ - it's a cost think really!

Any advice from UK police officers now with SAPOL would be greatly recieved x

Guest Melissa Smyth
My DH is a police officer in Scotland and the plan is he will apply when SA Police do their next UK recruitment drive BUT we don't really know when that will be. Possibly 2009/10 :sad:

We are in limbo just now as really want to extend our family asap and need a bigger home but don't fancy the idea of moving in UK now only to then upsticks in 18mths to OZ - it's a cost think really!

Any advice from UK police officers now with SAPOL would be greatly recieved x

Hi there I am a Police Sergeant currently with West Midlands Police in Birmingham, West Midlands, England. I am also hoping to apply to SAPOL and have a husband and two small children like you I am loather to move house now and end up paying Stamp Duty then sell again if successful in joining SAPOL. I think New South Wales (Sydney) police also do overseas recruitment but aren't currently but it is worth keeping eye on their website for when they start recruiting again. I would prefer to joing SAPOL but beggars can't be choosers could always transfer police forces within Australia if successful. I am currently contacting all the state police forces in Australia to see who else may be recruiting from UK. I know New Zealand recruit but would prefer Australia. Melissa

[ New South Wales (Sydney) police also do overseas recruitment but aren't currently but it is worth keeping eye on their website for when they start recruiting again. I would prefer to joing SAPOL but beggars can't be choosers could always transfer police forces within Australia if successful.

Hi SAPOL is recruiting overseas police officers But may not for many more years.

Western Australia WAPOL recruits overseas also and recognises rank as I see your a skipper. But again they may not recruit for much longer.

New Zealand are recruiting overseas police officers also.

(The above is obviously when they open their recruitment drives in the year)

I do not believe NSW are recruiting overseas officers. But as you say you can transfer once you have been here 2 years.

Check the police forum out !!

Guest farmerclan

Melissa, thanks for the information, we too are looking elsewhere. I have found another very good forum suggested by another member http://www.police-forum.com/. From it we have discovered that applications have closed for september 08 and march 09 intake. However, it would appear that later this year they will advertise again (potentially for the last time) for a recruitment in september 09 and march 10.

Hope this information is of benefit to you.

Katherine and Greig

Guest abby lee

Hi there. we have just added ourselves to the site and I'm glad someone else is looking into the same thing as I am.

I understand the SAPOL are not actively recruiting at the moment, however, they need 400 more before 2010.

The following website is useful and it has a link to add details to the web alert for the recruitment proccess.

http://www.police.sa.gov.au/sapol/careers/interstate_and_international_recruits/united_kingdom_recruiting.jsp

Hope this helps

Guest Hansonhouse

Hi there

My OH is a Police Officer and we have been tracking the SA recruitment drives. The last two were in Jan 07 and Jan 08. We registered our interest on the SAPOL website but beware as they never actually emailed us when the recruitment drive commenced, we just kept on checking. He has decided not to join the Police when we get there now but thought this info may be of use to you.

Roz