Seaford K7 School advice please

kadina

Hi,

Thinking of moving to the catchment area of the Seaford K7 School, wanting advice please from anyone ideally already attending the school that can maybe comment or pm me advice like size of the school, how good it is , what the general learning is like at the school and the way they do things, any feedback would be appreciated many thanks

Hi there,

My oldest grandson went to the Seaford K7 before they left on one of their ping pong journeys. I used to take him there and collect him. They live in Port Noarlunga and the local Port Noarlunga school (Frieda Court) was full at the time.

He thoroughly enjoyed it. Good facilities and good teachers and assistants working there. He was in a group of 25.

My other grandson has had his name down at Seaford and Port Noarlunga and has just been informed that they are full at Seaford...something to check on. He will be going to Frieda Court at Port Noarlunga primary from next year.

There has been a massive expansion of new housing in the Seaford area and a large number of new families moving into the Port Noarlunga and Seaford areas....best to give them a call to check if they have space....

Tamara

Thanks for your feedback Tamara, very helpful and kind of you to comment :biglaugh::biglaugh:Thanks again

Hi there,

My oldest grandson went to the Seaford K7 before they left on one of their ping pong journeys. I used to take him there and collect him. They live in Port Noarlunga and the local Port Noarlunga school (Frieda Court) was full at the time.

He thoroughly enjoyed it. Good facilities and good teachers and assistants working there. He was in a group of 25.

My other grandson has had his name down at Seaford and Port Noarlunga and has just been informed that they are full at Seaford...something to check on. He will be going to Frieda Court at Port Noarlunga primary from next year.

There has been a massive expansion of new housing in the Seaford area and a large number of new families moving into the Port Noarlunga and Seaford areas....best to give them a call to check if they have space....

Tamara

Tamara is Frieda Court the port Noarlunga kindy ??

Was it the Seaford k-7 primary or kindy that informed you they were fully booked for next year??

If you live in the catchment the primary school cannot refuse you a space ( but the kindy can !!)

Definately worth giving the school a call to clarify and maybe arrange a walk through

Tamara is Frieda Court the port Noarlunga kindy ??

Was it the Seaford k-7 primary or kindy that informed you they were fully booked for next year??

If you live in the catchment the primary school cannot refuse you a space ( but the kindy can !!)

Definately worth giving the school a call to clarify and maybe arrange a walk through

Hi,

Yes...Frieda Corp is the Port Noarlunga kindy.

We put his name down at Frieda corp and Seaford K7 as we were unable to get into Frieda last time. This time it worked the other way around...declined for Seaford but accepted for Freida Corp Port Noarlunga.

Tamara

Hi Wild Child

If you don't mind me asking do you have someone attending the seaford K7 School? you say its a little school how many pupils approx. does it have then please?

I am trying to arrange a viewing at the moment but am interested in opinions from anyone that knows the school that's going now, coming from the UK things are all a little different here, do they have the same teacher all week etc, they are going to be starting at our local school until we can move that way they said to us that they have 2 teachers split over one week (3 days for one 2 for the other) at our local school do they do that sort of thing at seaford K7? I also learnt that they get just 10 minutes to eat their lunch and from a teaching friend am told this is quite normal in all schools? they get kicked out of the class and then go into the canteen? why can they not just go straight to the canteen and have longer to eat?, the school they are gonna be going to for a bit does not even get changed for PE which is very odd its all to do with the time factor, there was always a time factor in the UK but the kids always got changed.... many thanks

That explains it !!! Sorry for the confusion Tamara. I thought for one moment that you were saying that Seaford K-7 primary (school) had rejected your grandson and really it was the kindy on the Seaford campus !!!!

such a shame as it is a nice little school !!!