not where but when!

Guest dave

hola, can anyone give us any tips on how long the process may take? i realise this is a regular posting but would like to go spring or autumn next year (U.K)? am i being naive? not initiated anything as yet, just tidying house to sell. Both me and OH are on skills in demand list and are hoping to do it solo,save the cents! any help is mucho appreciated. thanks all.

Guest simtrakyra

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the site! As both your jobs are on the skills in demand list, then your application will be a whole lot quicker than ours was and from what I've seen on this and another forum, I think Spring or Autumn next year is certainly within reach. We're not in the skills in demand list, but got our 136 visa after a grueling 2 year wait from start to finish.

Tracy

Hi

We started the visa process off in September when we submitted the paperwork for the TRA. Adrian's occupation is on the skills demand list and we are applying for a 136 visa. We are now in the final stages and we have been told that our visa should be with us July/August. So you can say that it takes approximately one year.

Good luck with your visa.

Paula and Adrian

Guest dglamoore

Varies a lot between visas - in demand is not always quicker though where visas are concerned. We are on an SIR and Greg's skills are not in demand but our visa took only 4 months from application, in fact the whole lot from signing up with our agent to receiving the visa was 2 days short of 9 months :lol:

I have seen others though that have taken much longer and are still waiting. I answered a similar question yesterday and put some links on for timelines so might be worth you having a look for some ideas - http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=428

Lisa :D