Moving to Radelaide

Guest Captain

Guest Captain

Hi All,

I'll be moving to Adelaide for a job, so I'll be saying goodbye to the sunny Sydney suburb of Coogee where I am living the dream. Any suggestions for beachside suburbs with good public transport? I was told Brighton and Glenelg are good spots, but there was no mention about the quality of transport.

Thanks,

Captain.

As ScooterDan says... plus both are on a regular bus service (263 and 265) that are often faster to the city (and always have seats - tram can be standing room only in peak times). Glenelg is better for transport as the tram runs from around 5:30am to 1am at least every 20 minutes, whereas Brighton is restricted to just the bus. Glenelg has a lot more cafes, shops, bars etc too. Both beaches are very nice, both are affluent areas. If you're working in the city, any of the city beaches would also have good bus links. Brighton, Hove, Somerton Park and Glenelg are all served by the 263 and 265 buses, West Beach has regular buses, as does Henley Beach, Grange has buses plus is on the train line. A little further out, Semaphore (north) may also be worth a look.

Please note the Noarlunga train line is currently not running - once it is, it'll mean a quicker commute from the beaches in the south, too.

Guest Captain

Awesome, thanks for all the advice. I only mentioned Brighton and Glenelg because friends recommended them as beachside areas and I stayed in a place in Glenelg last time I visited.

While I'm at it, does anyone know of any good rugby clubs or competitions? Or will I have to start playing Aussie Rules if I want to run around in winter? I've already resigned myself to the fact that I'll only be able to catch some games at the Adelaide 7s.

Guest Captain

That settles it - it looks like I'm moving to Brighton! Rugby team with a Tiger for a logo, a mean team slogan ("Blood for supper"), relatively good transport.

Thanks for the help everyone. I am disappointed about he Adelaide 7s moving to the Gold Coast. Evidently I should pay more attention to rugby news.