Let the waiting begin - 190

Guest LadyBug

Guest LadyBug

Hello everyone!

My SA sponsorship application has been submitted. And now 6 weeks of waiting.

They have just prolonged processing time from 5 to 6 weeks. Seems that many people want to move to SA. :smile:

Hi Lady bug, not sure yet as we spent 3 weeks in Perth on reccie only to come back and find hubbys job taken off Skills List, so now going to SA and really like the look of Seaford Meadows, but it will depend on work and schools for us.

Niall good look with your visa too lets see how we all get on and keep each other updated on our progress etc!! And nice to hear you guys loved Seaford, I feel better now, we have spent the last 18 months+ researching WA and have friends there, but cannot wait for skills list to be updated as it is still not guaranteed to be on the list and would rather be living some part of Australia and getting on with lives too!! And can always look at moving back to WA when we get PR or may fall in love with SA and choose to stay there.

Hi bal67,

We were in Perth in February as well we wanted to have a look at both states although we really liked perth we thought it might be too hot in the summer it was 41degrees when we were there and it was like that for 3 months. It would be hard to work in heat like that. And we found adelaide which can be hotter at times but usually it's in the mid 20's or early thirtys might be more manageable. And also they don't have summer daylight saving in perth so it gets dark early there.

All the best Niall

Niall,

You have sold it to me already, thank you!! I did think 40 degrees would be very hard work in especially as Scott is in Construction and would be outdoors most of the time and to be honest everything I have read so far is very positive about SA and the fact that you can live and work anywhere on the 489 is another added bonus and I have read somewhere the cost of living is lower in SA than anywhere else in Oz and as you probably already know Perth is very expensive with regards to eating out and that. Which part did you stay in Perth, we where in Wembley in August right temperature for a reccie and is Seaford the only place you stayed in SA and if you dont mind me asking what do you do for a living and do you have any children?

Bal.

Hi Bal,

We stayed in Armadale in Perth, wasn't the best spot but only booked 4 weeks before going so were limited in choice. We visited Mandurah and really liked it but found the house prices very expensive. Housing is more affordable in Adelaide as well as the cost of living. We looked at Seaford, Glenelg and closer to the city but thought Seaford was just beautiful. It has lovely beaches and great amenities. Not sure about the schools yet. I need to do a lot more research into those. I'm a refrigeration & air-conditioning engineer. Three kids, daughter aged 15, son 13 and a wee rascal 20 months lol. Have you any kids yourself?

Niall.

Hi Niall,

We would have been going to Meadow Springs in Mandurah we thought it had everything we needed there, but now looking at Seaford Meadows, Seaford Rise and Seafordish areas and also going to be researching schools today as well I have already got a little information from someone on here and we also have a 13 year old son and 16 year old daughter so schooling is very important for us too.

It would be great to meet up with you guys when we get to SA, I am a 46 year old PA and Scott is a 41 Construction Site Manager here in the UK.

What do you guys do and what are your hobbies etc, or do your kids take over your lives too!!

Bal67, we live very close to Seaford and we are very happy here, there are a few schools in the area, although our girls 13 and. 16 are at a school in McClaren Vale they have bounced in leaps and bounds and there grades are superb. We are very happy with the school system here. Well good luck, if you need any advise pm me

Gary

Hi Bal,

Your right about the kids taking over your life lol! With the baby we've had to start from the beginning again but things are starting to get easier with her now. The two older ones are also a great help with her. Nialls 43, a refrigeration engineer and I'm 42, a company secretary. I probably won't work for the first few years in Oz. I want to make sure the kids are well settled first.

It'll be great to meet up when we get there. We'll have to keep in contact. When are you planning on making the move? I see your a few weeks ahead of us with your EOI. We're hoping to get there by next summer. Exciting times.

I need to get stuck in researching the schools so will you let us know how you get on and I'll do the same.

Bernadette.

Hi Guys,

Just to share my experience when I applied for SA SS. It was 4 weeks processing at that time. So me and my wife lodged our application on the 10th of September. After 2 weeks, I called and asked for an update on my status and the SA Immigration told me that I was already in the final stage and would hear a result from them by next week. Anyway... I got the approval on the 27th of the same month.

I would think that 5 weeks could the average in giving the results and it could be earlier.

Hi Ringo

That's sounds great, hope I have a similar experience to you, we are applying for the 190 and submitted our ss just over a week ago, people seem to have such different experiences on timescales, guess its luck of the draw who is dealing with it, be interesting to see how long the rest takes for you, good luck

Caz X

Caz,

I wish you all the best and hope you all guys get your results earlier than stated. The wait really kills us all.

Since the start of our application until now, I kept looking for things to do to get off my thoughts of this immigration process.

I am starting to run out of ideas to kill time. :sad:

ringo