About to start the first day of our new lives

Guest Simon & Adelle

Guest Simon & Adelle

I can't believe that I actually found this site...

Me and Adelle have been talking about moving to Australia for some time and finally agreed to actually move.

I work for Openreach (BT) as an engineer and Adelle is in the Training/Resources arena, so between us we should be able to get our visas.

Just doing a CCNA course at the mo..so a few months till we are ready to move.

I thought that I'd get on this sooner rather than later as we are going to need all the help we can get...

Hope to speak to you all soon.. Coz the questions will be comming in quick and fast the nearer we get to going...

Cheers

Delly & Si:)

Guest The Pottertons

Hi and welcome to PIA. Theres lots of great info and well experienced migraters on here. Not me though sadly YET. Hope your journey goes smoothly. Yvonne

Guest Maddisons

Welcome Simon and Adelle.

You have found the right site to help you along the visa path.Myself an Openreach engineer,at the moment pole testing,but CST and UG trained as well, must be mad!!!!

Applied and got our Visa through my electrical qualifications, but in Australia a telecoms linesperson(same as cst engineer)receives 60points just the same as a sparky.

So good luck

The Maddisons :chatterbox:

Guest Rachel1477

Hi

Lots of BT people on here! I used to work for Wholesale but was lucky enough to get new start which helped the Adelaide fund nicely!

Good luck with your quest!

Rachel

Guest Simon & Adelle

Thanks for the kind words, I hope to meet up with some of you in Adelaide in 12 to 24 months, I hear it takes around 15 months if applying online and 24 months by post

speak to you all soon....:jiggy:

Guest Simon & Adelle

Mainly the weather and the fact that the city is very laid back. I heard that you can cross it in around 20 mins and that is in their rush hour....

Its got all the qualities of a large city without all the hustle and bustle.

The other regions in Aus are either too hot or have more rain than the UK.

Hey Simon and Adelle,

Welcome to PIA, its a great site. We couldnt of sorted our selfs out if it wernt for the lovely ppl one here!!!

If you need anything just, just write a question....if they can help they will!

Adelaide looks a great place to us....and we hope to be very happy. Might see you over there one day!

Dan and Steph

Guest martin.bartram

We to are in the process to Adelaid. We currently live in Sheffield and I left BT in 1993 and have been contracting to bt / openreach ever since. Looking for work over there at the moment so keep in touch we might be able to help each other out.

Hope to speak soon

Martin

Guest Guest75
Mainly the weather and the fact that the city is very laid back. I heard that you can cross it in around 20 mins and that is in their rush hour....

Its got all the qualities of a large city without all the hustle and bustle.

The other regions in Aus are either too hot or have more rain than the UK.

Hi and welcome to PIA:)

Good reasons to comer and live here.

It is getting busier so depends where you live for that 20 mins.