Whar a rollercoater and loving it

Guest taffs

Hello everyone, we can see there are quite a few Families moving out to adelaide in the next few months and for all those already there we would like to say thank you for all your posts they have been a great guidence to us

We arrive on January 2nd, a new year and a new life and cant wait :smile:

The last few months have been absolutely mad but ive got to say im enjoying it. Flights booked with Singapore airlines 1st January

landing on the 2nd. Sold our house, moved, out, shipped our furnisher out on the 14th October and moved into a short term rental

at Swansea Marina until we go. One of the cars, sold, so just using a hold banger to get around, didnt want to try selling a newish car at christmas time !!. Bought new bicycles for us all and put them on the container with some prezzies for the kids to keep them happy when it arrives at our new home.

Enrolled both our sons, Alfie (6) in Primary school and Charlie (4) in Kindy, meetings have been arranged with both directors of each school, so glad thats done.

Secured a short term lease in Moana for 3 weeks allowing us time to find a long term rental in Port Noarlunga, as this is where we would like to live.(we just hope 3 weeks is enough)

Bank accounts sorted, Transfer accounts sorted just now waiting for the exchange rate to reach 1.70 again. (if it does)

Now just tying up a few losse ends and getting ready for christmas so yes its been fun, Cant do to much else until we arrive and then it starts all over again ha ha

The both sets of families are starting to get a bit tearful, as we are nearly there, so Gail and I are just hoping to gain

great friendships and enjoyable social lives with all of you who are going through it or done it.

Many thanks Jason

We are moving from Cardiff (to Port Noarlunga) 6 days after you move out. Our positions are so similar - we are in same position re cars and have managed to arrange enrolment for Logan (4) in Port Noarlunga kindy. Fingers crossed it all goes well for you - maybe see you on the other side.

Hi we are the same,living in a one bed holiday let container bokedfor a week monday but still waiting for the house to go through ie exchange even though a moving date has been agreed simon going out firt wek of Jan and myself and daughter moving over in half term in February. Like you quite like port n and hallet cove. Keep in touch x

We are moving from Cardiff (to Port Noarlunga) 6 days after you move out. Our positions are so similar - we are in same position re cars and have managed to arrange enrolment for Logan (4) in Port Noarlunga kindy. Fingers crossed it all goes well for you - maybe see you on the other side.

Wow thats great stuff !!, I hope everything runs smooth for you, good luck and as ill be there first i will keep the beers chilled

for you.

Hi we are the same,living in a one bed holiday let container bokedfor a week monday but still waiting for the house to go through ie exchange even though a moving date has been agreed simon going out firt wek of Jan and myself and daughter moving over in half term in February. Like you quite like port n and hallet cove. Keep in touch x

Think of the long term it will be worth it, sure will keep in touch. good luck

Wow thats great stuff !!, I hope everything runs smooth for you, good luck and as ill be there first i will keep the beers chilled

for you.

Yeah, you guys too, I hope you enjoy the remaining time with family/friends and everything goes smoothly!

If you are on facebook, and want to link up then just drop me a pm.

Hello! we are a Welsh family nearly set to go too! We are still in the middle of the mad stage tho! Sold our house, medicals last week, hoping to ship our stuff a soon as we hear of our PR and book flights to get out asap. We have relatives in Adelaide finding us a rental in the Henley school zone, our boys are 12 and 16. All very excited but finding the prep, working f/t and family guilt EXHAUSTING!

We too are hoping to move out asap in early 2014 (Visa permitting) and we also want to move to Noarlunga/Seaford area and children are (Daughter) 16 and (Son) 13 it would be nice to know how your children settle in Scriv as they are similar ages to my 2, please keep in touch and let us know!!

Hello! we are a Welsh family nearly set to go too! We are still in the middle of the mad stage tho! Sold our house, medicals last week, hoping to ship our stuff a soon as we hear of our PR and book flights to get out asap. We have relatives in Adelaide finding us a rental in the Henley school zone, our boys are 12 and 16. All very excited but finding the prep, working f/t and family guilt EXHAUSTING!

I know the family think is hard work !!, if there is any advice on any part of the process you need that we have already gone through ourselves

please feel free to drop us a line

Very exciting time. What a way to start the new year! Good luck with your move. :smile:

We're in the process of applying and Adelaide will be our destination. Fingers crossed, we are hoping we will be there by September 2014.

Our boys are 8 and 11 and can't wait!

Hi Doug, I emailed you a couple of days ago, not sure if you got it? Just checking re January lift and can't remember if you had kids seats or not?

Cheers, Gus.

Hi Gus, no email received. Not to worry, kids seats will be available by then, just remind me of their ages?

you must be getting very excited and or nervous now. My advice, stop worrying and enjoy the ride. Said that to a friend I took flying a few years back, then we had an engine failure in the air and had to make an emergency landing..........eeaasy. Not sure if he had to wash his bum when he got home :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: