Looking into SA

Guest bakersdozen

Guest bakersdozen

Hi

Just come on board , we are in the process for the 190 State Sponsored Visa and are considering the move to SA or Vic. Just got my skills assessed and received a positive outcome next step the IELTS (hope my cockney upbringing don't let me down )

Been using pomsinoz and lifeinvictoria to gather some info and picked up some good stuff ,recommend it for anyone new who looking into the move down under.

The visa process is one long slog and took me 5 months to get my skills assessed (must be a record) but now its out the way we are looking forward to the next step, hopefully we should be done by spring of 2014.

All the best to all the new visa applicants and the people who made the jump, other people who are not going through the process don't know what its like so its good to have a chat with like minded people .

Hopefully I can share the experience and up and downs with the visa process and anyone contemplating the move can pick up some good info like I have

Regards

R

Guest Guest75

Morning.............. from a wonderful wall to wall sunshine (35c forecast) day in Adelaide :smile:.

Starting to forget our cold winter already!!

Good luck on your journey here, it will be full of highs and lows but it part of the process.:smile:

Hi guys and welcome to the Right Site. There's intense rivalry twix the Victorians and us here in S.A. We have a saying "Kick a Vic" that sorta says it all. As you scan these threads you will see one called Adelaide Again (I think) which will give you the best pointer you can get as to where to settle. I've been here 35 or so years and can only see drawbacks in all other states and territories.

Good luck with your application etc.

BTW, what's your occupation?

Guest bakersdozen
Morning.............. from a wonderful wall to wall sunshine (35c forecast) day in Adelaide :smile:.

Starting to forget our cold winter already!!

Good luck on your journey here, it will be full of highs and lows but it part of the process.:smile:

From a cold and rainy day in London , Thanks

Guest bakersdozen
Hi guys and welcome to the Right Site. There's intense rivalry twix the Victorians and us here in S.A. We have a saying "Kick a Vic" that sorta says it all. As you scan these threads you will see one called Adelaide Again (I think) which will give you the best pointer you can get as to where to settle. I've been here 35 or so years and can only see drawbacks in all other states and territories.

Good luck with your application etc.

BTW, what's your occupation?

Thanks for the info Dougm

Occupation Site Manager in construction 12 years now , come off the tools, ex decorator , so will be taking my tool bag with me, I just might need it

Hi

Just come on board , we are in the process for the 190 State Sponsored Visa and are considering the move to SA or Vic. Just got my skills assessed and received a positive outcome next step the IELTS (hope my cockney upbringing don't let me down )

Been using pomsinoz and lifeinvictoria to gather some info and picked up some good stuff ,recommend it for anyone new who looking into the move down under.

The visa process is one long slog and took me 5 months to get my skills assessed (must be a record) but now its out the way we are looking forward to the next step, hopefully we should be done by spring of 2014.

All the best to all the new visa applicants and the people who made the jump, other people who are not going through the process don't know what its like so its good to have a chat with like minded people .

Hopefully I can share the experience and up and downs with the visa process and anyone contemplating the move can pick up some good info like I have

Regards

R

Hi there,

We're in a similar position to yourselves, skills assessment just done, IELTS sorted, eventually. OH did it twice as he missed out by half a point. Jeez, they want top marks!

It is definitely a hard slog.....up and down that rollercoaster already. Am sure there a more loop the loops to come.

Good luck with yours. Let us know how you get on:-)

Cheers,

Wx

Guest bakersdozen

LOL just replied to you on the welcome forum.

We can compare experiences , as I'm writing this my wife has her hands in her head saying " I think you're dyslexic, i'm so worried you won't pass the IELTS" because I keep making spelling mistakes , that's what you get after 15 years together LOL

LOL just replied to you on the welcome forum.

We can compare experiences , as I'm writing this my wife has her hands in her head saying " I think you're dyslexic, i'm so worried you won't pass the IELTS" because I keep making spelling mistakes , that's what you get after 15 years together LOL

That's so funny, thank you twice, for your welcome:-) Definitely, the more info we can share, the better.

As for spelling mistakes...use a biro you can rub out. My son gave his Dad one to use..'in case, you make a mistake, Dad!"

Good luck with them, you'll be fine:smile:

Hi Bakersdozen. I'm a Project Manager and got myself a job offer on the new RAH, just waiting for the bloody 457 visa to come through, fed up of waiting now!! I know Leighton/Hansen Yuncken are still recruiting so may be worth giving their HR a ring?

said it before about this forum but will say it again.....top people on here who are happy to advise - if this forum is indicative of the people of SA then I dont want to look at living anywhere else in Aus!

Guest bakersdozen
Hi Bakersdozen. I'm a Project Manager and got myself a job offer on the new RAH, just waiting for the bloody 457 visa to come through, fed up of waiting now!! I know Leighton/Hansen Yuncken are still recruiting so may be worth giving their HR a ring?

said it before about this forum but will say it again.....top people on here who are happy to advise - if this forum is indicative of the people of SA then I dont want to look at living anywhere else in Aus!

Thanks Tony

Will do about Leighton , totaly agree about the help you get on this site from the members. I'm a member on a couple of others and you dont get the same help so fair play to all the pomsinadelaide members.

Let me know how you get on with Leighton .

Regards

Rob