Moving to Adelaide 2014 ? :)

Guest TK-421

Hello PIA's

I've been a long time reader but this is my first post onto the forum.

Myself\My wife and our two kids (3/9mo) are looking to move out to Adelaide in mid 2014. After a mammoth 30,000 word ACS RPL and a 3month wait we finally got a positive skills result on Wednesday and are over the moon :)))

Now it feels like I can say hello properly, because before this everything seemed so uncertain. If the RPL had not gone well then I was prepared to drop out of the site without making so much as a ripple in the pond, so to speak.To those that have, or are going through this process I think that this is my happiest part so far without question. Once the skills assessment is out of the way it feels like a massive weight has been lifted off our shoulders, especially when I remember the work that I put into the RPL.

We are using a MARA agent for the process and I have every confidence in their ability to take this through to a successful outcome.

Although the RPL is only just in the rear view mirror I'm already starting to look forward to making initial enquiries about shipping, pets and flights. I think that my wife and I are finally allowing ourselves to start looking into researching possible neighbourhoods and schools. Over the coming weeks we both hope to contribute a bit to the forum and look forward to chatting with some regulars and newcomers alike.

Now that I have gone through the ACS RPL I would be happy to lend a hand to those just starting the process, as a way of giving back to the community that we are about to rely on so heavily.

All the Best

E&M

PS It's great to see my signature for the first time

Edited by TK-421

Hi TK-421,

I just joined the forum myself and just signed a contract with a MARA Agent also. I guess the next step would be arranging the documents for the Skill Assessment. I hear that is considered somewhat of a hurdle for some people. How far along are you now in the process? Any advice or heads up for the skills assessment? I will be applying for a Subclass 489.

Regards,

Danish

Hi Wen,

Now that the skills assessment is behind me I'm starting to think about the logistics of the whole move. Thus far I have investigated the feasibility of things like shipping, doggy transport, renting etc... Now I'm going to try and bring it all together to run concurrently and hopefully in synchronisation. One one hand I don't want to wing it but on the other hand I don't want to have any major delays through oversight. I guess a balance must be made between military precision and making the whole process relaxed and fun. I do have house sales to go through which complicates things slightly but my place is rented and so I need to see the tenancy agreement out before the property changes hands.

All in I think we're looking at a June setoff, which will come round pretty fast.

Being at the start of 'phase 2' of the visa process I'm trying to get my head round the whole roller coaster analogy and what could go wrong further down the line. At the moment my ANZCO code is showing good avaliablity for SA and my occupational ceiling is looking quite low. At the moment I feel quite relaxed about the upcoming visa milestones. I guess having a decent agent has taken a massive weight off my shoulders with regards to following correct procedures in form filling. If I had gone it alone I would most certainly have alot of niggling feelings about how I filled a particular form in etc. etc. I think that having an agent buys you some piece of mind that they know what they're doing and they should get the job done.

Of course, I could well be looking back at this post in a few months time and think how naive I was to be so relaxed about the upcoming events, What you don't know doesn't hurt etc.

Anyway all the best

E

Hi TK-421,

I just joined the forum myself and just signed a contract with a MARA Agent also. I guess the next step would be arranging the documents for the Skill Assessment. I hear that is considered somewhat of a hurdle for some people. How far along are you now in the process? Any advice or heads up for the skills assessment? I will be applying for a Subclass 489.

Regards,

Danish

Hi Danish,

I don't know much about the 489 visa as I'm going for a 190.

As you can see from my timeline I'm through my skills assessment and now at the EOI stage. As for your skills assessment I don't know your occupation but if you're ACS (IT based) and you have top do an RPL then you've got some work ahead of you.

All the Best

E

Thanks Bal for the positive message. I've read some of your other posts on the forum. I lived in Perth for six months or so in '06 and it was one of my favourite experiences of the whole of my travels. I lived up in Mosman Park, which is just north of Freemantle. I've been to Adelaide before and I don't feel that the city is any less amazing than Perth.

It's a shame that your OH's code got shutdown but maybe these things happen for a reason. In my journey to OZ so far I can look back at numerous hellish experiences, the outcome of these have directly contributed to my work skills that have got me to this point.

All the best.

E

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update my page to let you know that SA approved my EOI last night and I got my invite to apply this morning. Very Happy !! and looking forward to asking a few questions on the forum.

All the Best

E&M

Hi TK-421

I'm about to recieve my EOI before 2013 ends, so i think I have a long way to Australia now. But it really pleasant that I can find poeple like myself who are in the way and share worries and happineses. \

hope you the best and like to join you soon.

Hi LadyBug,

Yes we applied on the 29th Nov so have to wait into the new year. I'm crazy busy with other stuff so have taken my foot off the accelerator a bit. Up until now I've really pushed to minimise wasted time in the process, now I'm much more relaxed about not having it done 'yesterday'.

Good luck with your application, not long to go now.

E

Guest Pinkish plum

Hi E&M,

we are moving out of our gorgeous rented home mid next year,

It's a family orientated neighbourhood with schools and a major shopping centre

we live in a 3 bed house and are going to be selling all our furniture

is this something of interest to you?if so I can send you more info

cheers

Good luck!

We have just began our journey - Kirsty's skills assessment has arrived in Melbourne. Not really expecting anything back until (UK) Spring now though. If positive, she/we will be applying for a 190 visa. After a successful recce a few weeks ago, we are still hopeful of the move to Adelaide/SA during 2014.

TK-421 congrats.

We are also moving by end of March. We are so busy right now arranging all the logistics. Selling some of our stuff.

Its a bit tense but in a good way... coupled with excitement and all.

Still researching my temporary accommodation though.

:biggrin:

Thanks Sarah, I don't remember much of Adelaide when I was over but I can 'join the dots' with all the places I spent time in. my biggest worry is work but I have a few diverse skills that should at least put me in a position to find a reasonably paid job within the first few weeks/months.

All the best

Ringo,

Sounds like you are a couple of months ahead of us in the process. I'm really chilled about the CO and when we will get our shot. For me now, getting the visa is amazing but it is also a trigger to start really putting down firm plans. As such it will be amazing when it happens but will also signal a whole load of work.

Best of luck

Edward

Gumster, It's really strange that i'm not getting stressed at the wait. Since the skills assessment I have been actually quite relaxed about the whole thing, taking it all at my pace. By far and away the most stressful time was in the days before getting my RPL result, all that work put into it and plans for a new life hanging in the balance.

At the moment I'm confident of the result (only because my agent is) and i'm truly happpy to be past all the SOL's, CSOL's, RPL's, points and occupational ceilings.

As for when we arrive? I don't feel like this is a temporary thing for us (who does?), ill try and be as patient as possible.

Regards

Edward

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jo and james a'bear

hello and congratulations on your application so far i have also been a reader rather then a member for a while my husband and 4 yr old son are arriving in august and ile be looking ar meeting friends for our son to play with i noticed you had a child of simerlar age. james and i have dual citizenships and have lved in adelaide for 3 yrs fron 2006/2009 we retured to the uk to have our son in uk for family reasons but will be returning in aug to live in brighton if we can be of any help or ansew questions pls feel free to contact us jo and james

Guest tiswas88
Hello PIA's

I've been a long time reader but this is my first post onto the forum.

Myself\My wife and our two kids (3/9mo) are looking to move out to Adelaide in mid 2014. After a mammoth 30,000 word ACS RPL and a 3month wait we finally got a positive skills result on Wednesday and are over the moon :)))

Now it feels like I can say hello properly, because before this everything seemed so uncertain. If the RPL had not gone well then I was prepared to drop out of the site without making so much as a ripple in the pond, so to speak.To those that have, or are going through this process I think that this is my happiest part so far without question. Once the skills assessment is out of the way it feels like a massive weight has been lifted off our shoulders, especially when I remember the work that I put into the RPL.

We are using a MARA agent for the process and I have every confidence in their ability to take this through to a successful outcome.

Although the RPL is only just in the rear view mirror I'm already starting to look forward to making initial enquiries about shipping, pets and flights. I think that my wife and I are finally allowing ourselves to start looking into researching possible neighbourhoods and schools. Over the coming weeks we both hope to contribute a bit to the forum and look forward to chatting with some regulars and newcomers alike.

Now that I have gone through the ACS RPL I would be happy to lend a hand to those just starting the process, as a way of giving back to the community that we are about to rely on so heavily.

All the Best

E&M

PS It's great to see my signature for the first time

Hi E@M,

Great news about your trade test results. I too am in the process of moving to Adelaide. I did my trade test in september in london with a successful outcome too! What a relief especially with the outlay of money involved!:biglaugh: Anyway we got the EOI back ok so we are just about to go ahead with applying for visas ($7040 ASD!!) for me, my wife and 2 kids aged 12 and 9. So we are now getting excited looking at areas to live etc, so if you guys have got any ideas let us know mate and i will do the same. Hallet cove looks affordable but i don't know if i could cope with only one pub!!:biggrin:

Happy Days

Tiswas88