another newbie

Guest booboo

Guest booboo

Hi all

Thought it was about time i posted after many weeks just reading threads .

the famliy and i are looking to leave these shores later this year the famiy consists of 2 boys aged 14 and 9 and my wife . i would like to know if there is anyone in the same boat as ourselves ,we have applied for a 136l visa we started the process of in may 07 tra sent of in may passed in mid june 08 then main application sent end july and received in adelaide 6/08/07 payment taken and recited 8 nov 07 , and this is were the frustration begins have heard nothing since ,agent complete waste of time everytime we phone and ask when will we receive full acknowledgement just says there is a back log and should here somthing anyday . we already have a buyer for our house as we have sold it to friends and we were hoping to have visa by august and leave sometime sept . is there anyone out there in same boat or is there anything i can do my self to chase it up

cheers booboo

Guest bev_stef

Hi

Welcome to PIA. Sounds like you're pretty far down the line already,but I guess you're at that really frustrating time, while waiting to hear news. We're not that far with the visa yet, but from reading other threads, I've noticed, that people who put theirs apps in around august, are started to get their visa over the last week or so. I'm not sure of the website details, but I believe there is a way to check your process online.

anyway, good luck and hope it comes through soon for you.

Bev

Guest isandev

Hi there,

Just wanted to say hi and welcome. I dont know if it helps and you may know this already after reading threads but there seems to have been a glut of people being granted visas recently. Reading between the lines there has been a backlog and im sure you will hear something very soon.

Good luck

Guest isandev

Are you free to come along to the North West meet on Sunday?? There seems to be plenty of people coming at various stages of the process who may be able to shed some light on timescales.

Guest isandev

Its at Mascrat manor in Warrington. If you look on the North West meet thread there is and address and directions. Starts at 2 o clock. Hopefully see you there.

Welcome to PIA, reading through your post about your frustrations is about the norm im afraid to say. There does seem to be no real reason why some take longer than others. Im afraid the agent probably cant chase too much for fear of being put to the bottom of the pile!!.

All i would say is judging by your times given it wont be long and as things stand as your house is sold that is a good thing as many are suffering selling the house!

Keep positive and your time will come

Guest Django
hi

have been told there is aback log over christmas cus of summer hols and new changes last sept dont know how much truth in this

Welcome to PIA,

There was deffo a huge rush for people lodging their 136 visas before the change. This was because a lot of people wanting a 136 would not qualify for the new 175. Also more people than ever before are moving to Oz creating even more of a backlog. I would say that you will get your visa well before September going on others timelines.

I know its frustrating but it will come.

Pete

Guest isandev

Like the look of Flagstaff Hill and around that area, but have seen some plots for sale in norlunga which is quite a way out but right o the coast. Have you any ideas as yet. Are you a family, couple or single??

Guest booboo

sorry for not saying before we are a famliy ,married with 2 beasty boys ,we are looking round the morphett vale area anyone got any comments on this area

Guest mOZzy

hello and welcome to pia :wubclub:

i know how frustrating it is!!!!! we've also lodged in august :wacko:

but i thought you should have gotten your full ack by now at least?!?!

i'll have a read if i can find that one.

i know of one other august one who hasn't received full ack yet either - they've sent an email and apparently a different department is looking into that ... i'll try to find that one too ;)

BUT another family i know of also applied in august didn't even get pre ack, nor full ack and bang, last week straigth to co! - could happen to you ....

take a deeeeeeep breath and sit back .. you'll get there!

and hey, congrats on the house - i am certain that one is even worse to deal with than the visa itself!!!

good luck!

i've found one:

The response we received following our Post Lodgement Equiry said:-

"Your enquiry has been referred to the Administration & E-visa Support Unit

for their attention and appropriate action. You will receive a response

directly from that unit."

Guest paul_smart

Hi booboo,

welcome to PIA,

Yeah just be glad you have sold your house mine's going on the market soon and I have a mighty feeling it's going to be a pain in the rear end, I have alternative accomadation, but the market is really slow where I am :skeptical:

Guest alibongo

Hi

Welcome to the site!

i know when I was waiting I was wondering why they hadnt given me my visa when other people who had applied after me had already got theirs. there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who gets theirs first. It will come but i do knwo exactly how you are feeling.

Good luck

Ali