CitiSolar??

kadina

We contemplating getting solar panels its very much something we want to do have had a quote from Solar Edwards who are local to us but are not sure, so we are getting CitiSolar around as a bit of a comparison but just wondering if anyone has used them, and what their thoughts are please it would be most helpful its such a headache trying to weigh everything up, Solar Edwards seemed very good and ive read comments on here from people that have used them, they apparently don't use budget panels !! yet when we asked if they could do us a better price they started saying they could get some in??? which is totally putting us off after they went through a complete lecture about they don't use them as you get problems and they didn't want that for their company ?? any advice please many thanks

Guest Guest75

We used Sola Edwards and they were very good, yes they do use very good panels normally.

I would reckon they may have offered to get in cheaper panels it get get's your business - it's mighty quiet out there there at the moment!!

The choice will be yours!!!

We did a fair bit of haggling and did get some movement on price (not massive) with Sola Edwards -we did get an excellent job and quality - hopefully long lasting equipment though.

Was it Rich you spoke to?? - he is a nice bloke.

Hi Tyke

Thanks for your comments, I did previously read your recommendation on here for Solar Edwards which is why we got them round last night, and yes it was Richard, and he was nice.

It as just a little off putting when he went on for ages about the good reputation they had and they did not want to go down the track of starting to install cheap panels and as soon as we said about dropping the price after he been round he said they could get some in ?? ive been reading some reviews on CitiSolar and Im not sure if I should even waste my time having them come tonight from what ive read would be good if anyone on here had any experience with them or have spoken to them before ?? they are advertising in the local shopping centre, I do want quality panels there are just so many cowboys out there

We used Sola Edwards and they were very good, yes they do use very good panels normally.

I would reckon they may have offered to get in cheaper panels it get get's your business - it's mighty quiet out there there at the moment!!

The choice will be yours!!!

We did a fair bit of haggling and did get some movement on price (not massive) with Sola Edwards -we did get an excellent job and quality - hopefully long lasting equipment though.

Was it Rich you spoke to?? - he is a nice bloke.

There are a few companies out there and competition is plentiful at the moment. There was one solar co. that went bankrupt this week I believe.

We had 4 quotes from companies that were local to Adelaide, and had been in business for more than a few years. When we asked via some quote sites on the internet, we also had quotes from interstate, who say they work in SA, but I think they subcontract to firms here. We discounted those.

We did quite a bit of research on panels and inverters as I think the better quality performs well and will save money in the long run. Try Whirlpool for information.

Long term guarantees are worth nothing if the firm is not still in business. The comparison between companies offering the same quality panels and inverters still varied by over $2000 on our quotes.

I think if you first decide what you want and need, then ask for quotes on that, it is time consuming, but you end up as a satisfied customer.