parent visa 103

Guest stellabellastar

Guest stellabellastar

Hi I have just joined this forum and would like to hook up with any parents hoping to emigrate to join family in Adelaide I have been in the queue since 2010 and have moved slowing over the past 3 years but have stopped moving altogether since July this year was wondering if anyone is in the same predicament???

:biggrin:

Hi,

Welcome!

My parents are here at the moment and will be with me for 5 months. They will have to break their visa and then re-enter again. The first visited in 2008 and I was trying to get them to put in their application back then. Thanks for the info with the slowdown. Maybe it's just a midyear glitch and there will be sudden movement?

I hope that things pick up for you / them.

My folks still havn't applied so the wait will be years!

Tamara

Guest stellabellastar
Hi,

Welcome!

My parents are here at the moment and will be with me for 5 months. They will have to break their visa and then re-enter again. The first visited in 2008 and I was trying to get them to put in their application back then. Thanks for the info with the slowdown. Maybe it's just a midyear glitch and there will be sudden movement?

I hope that things pick up for you / them.

My folks still havn't applied so the wait will be years!

Tamara

Hi Tamara

We put our application in 2010 and the queue number was high (19,540) we have moved up the queue only (5,200) in three years therefore you need to get your parents to put their application in asap!!!! its so slow and as I said it has stopped moving altogether since July :wacko:!!! I'm just back from a 4 week visit this week and I must say I didn't enjoy coming back to the British cold weather after that lovely warm spell in Adelaide. Hopefully one day I will come into Adelaide and not have to leave - :biggrin:

Kind regards

Guest gregblack

I don't understand why anyone would take the 103 visa route, if you applied onshore for a 804 visa onshore at least you would be with your family the chances of failing a medical are the same, the waiting times are both very long but with the 804 you would be with your love ones up to the time your visa is accepted or rejected.

A 103 visa is not a guarantee of acceptance it has much the same tests and conditions as an 804 visa.

The waiting lists are very similar

An 804 allows you to live on shore in au, a 103 does not. I can see very few advantages in following the 103 visa route.

Have I understood this correctly, your comments would be welcome.

Guest stellabellastar
I don't understand why anyone would take the 103 visa route, if you applied onshore for a 804 visa onshore at least you would be with your family the chances of failing a medical are the same, the waiting times are both very long but with the 804 you would be with your love ones up to the time your visa is accepted or rejected.

A 103 visa is not a guarantee of acceptance it has much the same tests and conditions as an 804 visa.

An 804 allows you to live on shore in au, a 103 does not. I can see very few advantages in following the 103 visa route.

Hi gregblack

thanks for the reply I just thought that the 103 was the only visa for us apart from the very expensive 143 I didn't know about the 804 will go online now and have a look !!! will let you know the outcome. thanks again

Kind regards

Guest stellabellastar

Hi gregblack

Just looked at the 804 and its for 'aged parents' 65+ we are still in our 50+ so its not an option for us yet!!! thanks for the reply and I am always keen to hear alternative ways of trying to speed up the visa process.

Kind regards

Hey Greg- you've missed the point about the age difference.....of course people would apply onshore if they could- well certainly I would anyway! But the 804 is for "aged" applicants, & those of us who are below that age have to apply for the 103- & wait it out offshore.

Hi Tamara

We put our application in 2010 and the queue number was high (19,540) we have moved up the queue only (5,200) in three years therefore you need to get your parents to put their application in asap!!!! its so slow and as I said it has stopped moving altogether since July :wacko:!!! I'm just back from a 4 week visit this week and I must say I didn't enjoy coming back to the British cold weather after that lovely warm spell in Adelaide. Hopefully one day I will come into Adelaide and not have to leave - :biggrin:

Kind regards

Fortunately this visa (103) seems to be being processed faster than in the past - people still quote the waiting time as 16 years...but it's nowhere near that. It's around 6/7 years, which when you consider the 143's are still taking up to 18 months or so, is not bad at all really (imho anyway )

They are currently processing 103's from 2007....so presumably that will mean you have 3/4 years to go? It'll fly by :) Get that sledge out!

Guest stellabellastar

Dear Freesia That has put a smile on my face this gloomy dark UK Monday morning !!!! thanks for cheering me up and keeping me informed I really appreciate it

Kind regards

• 4 months later...
Hi everyone

can anyone tell me how to find the electronic queue date calculator I don't seem to be able to find it on the government website!!!:arghh:

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/qcalc/QDateAnswer.do

But beware!!! The calculator is very erratic at the moment. For the two main visas that people are interested in the last news was:

804 visa - processing reached people with queue dates in January 2008 but they may have used up the allocation for 2013-2014. Things should start to move again after the budget in July.

103 visa -processing had reached people with queue dates in December 2007 but again the allocation for this year may have been used up. For both visas the waiting time is very much less than stated on the immigration website but of course this may not last.

Guest stellabellastar

Hi Johnbshepherd

Thanks for the reply it has actually lifted my sprits up reading what you have said about the queue for 103

:smile:

stellabellastar

• 6 months later...
Guest stella123
Fortunately this visa (103) seems to be being processed faster than in the past - people still quote the waiting time as 16 years...but it's nowhere near that. It's around 6/7 years, which when you consider the 143's are still taking up to 18 months or so, is not bad at all really (imho anyway )

They are currently processing 103's from 2007....so presumably that will mean you have 3/4 years to go? It'll fly by :) Get that sledge out!

Hi I am currently in the process of applying for parent visa for my parents...currently they have mentioned that the waiting times could be as long as 30 years...do you really have any idea if it could be that long...?please help me with more information on this.Thanks.

Guest stella123
This could be the case in future years. Yes people who applied 7 years ago are getting visas soon BUT they cut the numbers drastically so they grant fewer each year. The 15 years quoted is for those who apply now, estimated on the growing queue and the small allocation granted annually.

hi thnk u for ur reply. I am in fact lodging my parents application for 103 today.do u thnk there will be priority given to 103 applicants whi have their only child ie me settled in Australia? I wonder how the application s are assessed.does anyone have any idea on this? Ur input is highly appreciated