Private messages

kadina

Hmmm, are your settings turned to off perhaps? If you are set up to send PM's then people should get them. Some people go extended periods between logging on and so won't see the content of the message till then. Also people may choose not to get email notifications so won't know they have a PM till they next log in.

I am pretty sure your set up is working though, or it was, as iirc we swapped a few messages not that far back.

I can't recall if on here if people can block specific people from sending them PM's. I know there is that setting on PIO.

Drop a few mods a test PM and we'll reply to let you know your message made it through :)

Yes we didy snifter thanks I've been fine with messages b4 it's just recently I message ppl and they never respond and I did have one person say they never got a message so maybe it's just ppl not realising they have one ? I always get noticed in my email too when I have one x

Yes we didy snifter thanks I've been fine with messages b4 it's just recently I message ppl and they never respond and I did have one person say they never got a message so maybe it's just ppl not realising they have one ? I always get noticed in my email too when I have one x

I have noticed the same problem.

I get a pm asking for some info and then send a reply but don't get any response. I follow it up with another pm and still don't get a reply.

Will the pm's get blocked if you add an e mail address in them? Shouldn't have thought so. Have been having this issue for quite a while. Seems odd that someone would send me a question and then totally fail to respond to my reply. The plot thickens!

Tamara

Would have to let admin get back to you on that one Tamara.

Although, personally, I don't think I've ever known a PM set up fail as such. If an in box is full a person will have to delete/move some before waiting messages can be seen.

Sometimes also people for whatever reason just don't reply or acknowledge. Not great I know but it does happen.

Would have to let admin get back to you on that one Tamara.

Although, personally, I don't think I've ever known a PM set up fail as such. If an in box is full a person will have to delete/move some before waiting messages can be seen.

Sometimes also people for whatever reason just don't reply or acknowledge. Not great I know but it does happen.

Thanks for this.

It just seems really odd when someone sends me a pm asking a question, maybe rental related, and when I respond...silence. Once or twice then maybe just one of those things but when it happens consistently I just figured there must be a problem with people getting the message? Maybe a setting problem somewhere? With the old system I used to get messages straight into my e mail inbox instead of the pm inbox and that worked well. I really wonder if people are getting my pm's and I often wonder if the sender thinks that I can't be bothered replying!

I'm glad that someone else has brought it up. I activated the read receipt for the last couple of messages but still didn't get a reply!

tamara

There's only two circumstances where a person wouldn't receive a PM which has been sent to them.

One would be if the recipient has the sender on a block/ignore list or secondly, if the recipient's mailbox is full.

Of course, it's entirely possible that the recipient isn't aware they've received a PM, dependent upon their settings such as if they opt to receive pop-up notifications (or not) and if they choose to receive email notifications (or not).

Even then it may be that the email notifications goes into the recipients junk/spam email folder, so they're unaware that they've received a message.

There's no restrictions/blocks of any sort when it comes to including email address's in PM's.

There really isn't anything that can go wrong with the PM system from a forum software point of view.

I have my settings so I don't get emails. If I wasn't an obsessive forum checker I might not realise for a while.

To be honest I think it is just the randomness of the Internet. People ask questions while something is there reminding them, then they move onto something else and aren't really even interested in the answer. We see it often on poms in oz in the migration section. You ask a question to better help and either never get a reply or one sometimes months later.