Hello we are new to the crew

LeonDH

Hey everyone,

My name is Leon, Im 30 originally from Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire, My partner Jess and I made the permanent move to Adelaide a few months ago. We found this forum the other day and thought we would sign up as we enjoy meeting new People and we hope to find some new friends for a drink or whatever. Talking of having a drink we used to like a good old pub quiz back home so was wondering if anybody knew of a good one or fancied getting a team together.

Cheers Leon and Jess

We live in Norwood by the way..

welcome to the forum, great set of people on here and you'll get any help you need from some lovely people who are more than happy to help with any queries you have.

if you find a decent pub quiz let us know, my mind's full of useless sh*te that could come in handy!!

TD

Hey everyone,

My name is Leon, Im 30 originally from Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire, My partner Jess and I made the permanent move to Adelaide a few months ago. We found this forum the other day and thought we would sign up as we enjoy meeting new People and we hope to find some new friends for a drink or whatever. Talking of having a drink we used to like a good old pub quiz back home so was wondering if anybody knew of a good one or fancied getting a team together.

Cheers Leon and Jess

We live in Norwood by the way..

Welcome to PIA, as TonyD says a great bunch of people on here. I have been to one or two pub quizzes (in Brisbane) and you will need some aussies in your team, or at least some 10 pound poms, as there are a lot of Australian related questions both general and sport, but what the heck! at least you meet people and have a drink.

Enjoy yourselves.

Keith.

Welcome to Adelaide, LeonDH! Good luck on your new life in Oz! If you're after a good pub quiz, a good friend of mine (also a Pom) goes every Thursday with her family to The Glynde Hotel (492 Payneham Road - not a million miles from Norwood) for the weekly pub quiz, and from the way she describes it, a good time is had by all! They get there a bit before 7pm so they can have dinner before the quiz starts, which I believe is around 7.30pm. Check it out for yourself on google. They love it!

Btw: if you're renting and don't have air-conditioning and struggling with this hot weather, I recommend you do what we do and keep a spray bottle of cold water handy at all times, and keep giving yourself a douse when you feel a bit hot and sticky - especially at bedtimes, when I suggest you have a shower first (without drying off fully) and then hop into bed with just the sheet, freshly sprayed with cold water. My husband and I do it ourselves in this really hot weather and I promise it really helps a lot! In fact, my trusty spray bottle is my best mate right now!!

Also, if you haven't already been advised how to keep your home cool for as long as possible, remember to keep all your doors and windows closed (internal as well as external) all day long, to keep the heat out. We always open up again in mid-evening, when the mad heat of the day subsides, and leave all doors and windows open all night long (always making sure security flyscreen doors are well and truly locked)! By morning, the house is nice and cool again, at which time we shut the doors and windows again to keep the ravaging heat of the day out for as long as we can. It usually keeps the house cool for a good three or four days of extreme hot weather, until the extreme heat seeps into the house bricks, after which it gets a bit sticky and the battle is lost and we revert to frequent showers to keep ourselves cool-ish! Thank goodness this kind of heat doesn't last for more than four or five days on the trot, after which time you can go back to normal. Of course, there's nothing like proper air-conditioning for keeping the heat out, but, hey! we're in Oz now, and I'd far rather be jumping in a shower to keep cool than forking out lord knows how much dosh for central heating back home! Happy days! xx

Edited by barbaitch