well hello to all

Guest Sion

hi,

this is my first post on this forum but I have been on the brit expats one for a while.

I am currently waiting for my 136 visa which I should get soon all meds done and sent.

we are a family of 5, 3 girls aged 9, 6 and 6 weeks and me (35)and the missus (32).

we are looking to move to adelaide in october but are unsure which part. we would love to live near the beech but I have no ideas where to start looking

any suggestions or advice would be great.

cheers

sion :D

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi and welcome to PIA

We're also waiting for the 136 Visa hoping to be out in July. We are a family of 5.

Just ask questions and someone will i'm sure be able to answer them.

Jane

just saying hello !!!!! im on the same 136 MODL ..carpenter joiner whats your line of work?....:-brishish expats known as the dark side!!! lol

I'm a maintenance spark by trade but i have got a degree in building services engineering so anything to do with maintenance on hvac systems.

(I know really boring but it pays the mortgage)

Guest dglamoore

Hi and welcome to PIA.

We fly out week sunday on and SIR495 and will be looking at southern suburbs when we arrive as we would like to be near the coast too so may be able to give some opinions then.

There are quite a few suburbs along the coast including West Beaches, Henley, Glenelg, Brighton, Seacliff, Hallett Cove, Seaford, Port Noarlonga to name a few.

Google Earth and Google Maps are good to see which suburbs are where.

Best of luck

Lisa :D

Guest Django

Hi Sion,

This forum is a lot nicer. 8)

Last time I looked in over there they were having a slanging match about how much people were taking with them. :roll: It died down then I made a quip on the thread and they started up again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with the home hunting. :D

Pete

Guest ali@51

Hi Pete

If its the one I'm thinking of we havent joined too scary. :shock: :shock: Also dont think my warped sense of humor would go down well :oops:

ali

Guest robandmags

hello sion and welcome to the site.

We've just received our 136 visa :) . Hoping to go out in September providing we've sold the house.

South seems very favourable. We have a friend who moved to aberfoyle park a couple of years ago. He has said that South is nicer, but even in the North the areas don't seem too bad.

Where are you from?

Rob and Mags

Welcome Sion & Family to PIA

We are still waiting for our final visa to be granted :) hopefully not to long now, fingers crossed

I think its eachto their own when it comes to suburbs, wait until you get there & drive around, have a good look then 8)

BTW Good luck

Angela

Guest happy-jools

Hi Sion and family.

Welcome to PIA.

We love this site. Some other (not mentioning names) are a little scary.

We seem like quite a friendly bunch on here.

Good luck with your search once on the other side of the world for somewhere to stay. Keep us posted.

Julia & the gang :D:D

hello sion and welcome to the site.

We've just received our 136 visa :) . Hoping to go out in September providing we've sold the house.

South seems very favourable. We have a friend who moved to aberfoyle park a couple of years ago. He has said that South is nicer, but even in the North the areas don't seem too bad.

Where are you from?

Rob and Mags

we currently live in marple stockport

But I am originally from wales near Cardiff.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

hi all

Yes, totally agree - this site is really friendly, I dont feel worried about posting on here at all...

We too would like to move to a south suburb, although havent ruled out the north - think we will just have a good look around once we're there.

The best thing we did was buy an adelaide map from amazon, its help us get our bearings....

BTW hubby is from cardiff.......

sarahx

Guest Bex & Nick

Hiya Sion,

There's just the two of us, going out in June on SIR. Everyone's really friendly & helpful on here - I've done a fair amount of surfing and reading and it's all useful stuff as well as great to have a friendly "face" to chat to when needed!

Bex

Guest RandC

Hi and welcome

totally agree that this site is soooo friendly and helpful and supportive ... in a kind of mellow friday night mood. Although back to school (as a sub-standard teacher - ha-ha) on Monday. Agree that some of the other sites are a bit scary.

Cari :)

Guest Guest75
Hi Sion,

This forum is a lot nicer. 8)

Last time I looked in over there they were having a slanging match about how much people were taking with them. :roll: It died down then I made a quip on the thread and they started up again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with the home hunting. :D

Pete

Hiya Sion

Welcome to PIA.

Hope you get lots of info from this site.

PS - Peter,I've just started posting in BE,big and confusing site innit??

Guest Django
back to school (as a sub-standard teacher - ha-ha) on Monday.

36_11_6.gif

PS - Peter,I've just started posting in BE,big and confusing site innit??

Yeah its hard work as is Adelaidebrits (you need sunglasses to use that one :lol: ). This site is by far the best as there aren't hundreds of sections and the posters are nicer. 8)

Pete

Guest philnjulie

Welcome to sion and family. Like you fairly new 2 the site.

We have recieved our visas for ourselves and 5 kiddies. We hope to get going as soon as poss! only difficultly is the sale of the house. Have you had many viewing? we live in disley just over the hill!

julie

Welcome to sion and family. Like you fairly new 2 the site.

We have recieved our visas for ourselves and 5 kiddies. We hope to get going as soon as poss! only difficultly is the sale of the house. Have you had many viewing? we live in disley just over the hill!

julie

no viewings as yet but its early days.

Guest RandC
which site is the worrying one - link?

to my knowledge ive only upset one teacher :wink: on here

mart

Give it time Muppetbro, give it time .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cari x

( mellow and chilled - end of week - don't work Fridays :D )