Newbies

Guest gilmoresoz

Guest gilmoresoz

Hi

Just joined the forum today (found this by chance on the Domain website). My husband and I are living Leeds. However, I am an Aussie, from Adelaide. We visited Adelaide last year and decided that it was the place for us so started the visa process. I'm glad to say that my husband was recently granted his spouse visa and we are now in the process of closing our lives down here in the UK to restart in Adelaide. Looking to emigrate to Adelaide in September this year.

Any advice or help to make the process a smooth one will be greatly received.

Regards

Darren & Fiona Gilmore

Guest Django

Cor blimey.

Will the last ones to leave Leeds please turn off the lights!!:shocked::biglaugh:

Welcome to the forum. Can't help with your question but now doubt someone will be on later that can.

Pete

Guest cunnah10

Hi

Good luck with the move!

We too are hoping to head to Adelaide in September(hubby,myself and 4 kids)

When did you move from the Adelaide to the UK (If not too nosy why did you move?)

How long have you been living in UK?

Wereabouts in Adelaide were you originally from and are hoping to settle back into same area?

Keep in touch and let us know how it is all going !

Gill

Guest gilmoresoz

Hi Gill

Thanks for the mail. Good to hear from other members.

My dad was one of the English £10 poms in the 60s. I was born in 1965 in the suburb of Medindie, Adelaide. My dad came back to the UK for the first time when I was two but ended up emigrating back to Oz. The second time round we lived in Morphett Vale and it is this time that I remember most.

He then emigrated back to the UK when I was 10 and it is here that I have lived ever since. However, I have never given up my nationality (proud to be an aussie) and always thought that I would go back some day. My parents always told me keep my nationality.

For ease of communiting to and from the CBD (Central Business District) we are looking at renting close to the City. We have been looking at rental properties in Norwood (nice area). Have looked at some in Glenelg which is also lovely because it is on the beach! - but the price has to be right!

Good luck with your plans. Keep in touch.

Fiona & Darren

Guest ffi&dyl

Hi Darren and Fiona.

We to are hoping to move to Adelaide September time.

Got our visa on the 1st of Feb and are now waiting (with no luck) to sell our house.

Saw from your post that you used to live in Morphett Vale; we now might look at this area, as we might have to take less money than expected for our house.

What is the area like? Houses seem a lot cheaper there than some of the surrounding suburbs.

Welcome to the forum.

Ffion. :D

Guest Guest75
Cor blimey.

Will the last ones to leave Leeds please turn off the lights!!:shocked::biglaugh:

Welcome to the forum. Can't help with your question but now doubt someone will be on later that can.

Pete

:biglaugh:

Think we must have started a trend all those years ago.

You wonder why they say "It's grim oop North"

;)

Welcome to the forum - from some ex Pudsey folk.

Guest Aussie pat

Hi,

I'm also originally from Adelaide. Have lived in UK for nearly 13 years. My husband also got his spouse visa recently. We hope to leave UK in November providing we sell house in time. Glad to hear I'm not the only one going back.

Guest gilmoresoz

Hi Ffion

We visited Morphett Vale last September to visit my old house and school and the area was nice. What I would suggest is that once you are in Adelaide is to drive around areas to see what they are like before you make any definite plans.

We are going to rent for a while before we make any decisions about where we want to live because we want to get a feel for somewhere first.

Fiona