• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Lots of advice needed!

Highbury, SA
      4221 times
      There was a thread recently that listed school that do the IB http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/...australia.html - don't know how uptodate it is but probably a good starting point
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

19 times
      Hi, I just saw your post and had to reply as I am in a very similar situation to you! My husband has also been offered a transfer to adelaide with his work and so we are looking to make the move to adelaide hopefully by sept/oct this year depending on the visa. However his job wasn't on the skills list so his work couldn't bring him over so instead we are applying for a visa through me as I am a nurse. He had a work conference over in adelaide last october so I went with him to see what adelaide was like to make sure we wanted to make the big move over. I really liked it, we visited hospitals, to see if I could get a job aswell, visited lots of areas we had researched before, schools, met with some of his work colleagues who had made the move over a couple of years before and of course saw some kangaroos and koalas!! I am worried about schooling like you are, but i've researched it and i feel much happier about it now, and the way I see it the english schools are taking in so many kids now from poland, romania etc they will definitely accept children in from australia who speak english at least if you do go back!!! The thought of it is bit scary but I am up for a bit of an adventure and to be a bit honest fed up with english weather, taxation and cramped squashed roads so looking forward to trying something new. If it doesn't work out we can always go back and have had an experience at the very least. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and I hope you enjoy your time in adelaide, Nat x
      Guest12727 likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234