Help for making the big decision...

Guest Lee&Talia

Guest Lee&Talia

Hello,

We are seriously considering coming out permanently to Adelaide, we have been before as we went travelling around the whole country (bar WA) last year, but we're not sure where to start with moving etc!

Our main concern is how easy it is to get a job, would we need to be employed before coming over and would a permanent job mean a sponsor for a permanent stay?

We do want to buy a property but are aware we'd probably be better renting first. Would anyone know which areas are nice enough but cheap enough? Ideally we would like to be near to the coast, but not too far from the city. We're happy to work out of the city but would like to be close enough for day/night trips.

Any other tips or advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated, especially those little things that we might not have thought of, that maybe you only realise when you've done it!:notworthy:

Thanks,

Lee and Talia (Wigan)

Guest Lee&Talia

We have had a look at the list of jobs, I have experience working in real estate and also working for the council, but Lee does not fit any of the job titles. I'm wondering if I would be able to get the sponsorship and Lee could come as a partner.

We have had a look at the list of jobs, I have experience working in real estate and also working for the council, but Lee does not fit any of the job titles. I'm wondering if I would be able to get the sponsorship and Lee could come as a partner.

Hi Lee and Talia, if you was to come here on a working visa that would allow Lee to come as a partner on your visa. I Only moved here myself October just gone was real long process with sorting things for the visa.

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hi Talia :smile:

Does your experience actually fit unto a job on the list? You will usually have to be qualified in that job and have experience.

A comon misconception with sponsored visas is that you can be sponsored out here for any job, ie even if someone had a job vacancy as a waitress and said they were happy to sponsor you you would not be eligable to get a visa as waitress is not on the list.

Have you found a job on the list that you are qualified for?

Agreed. Have a look on the sol and csol and see if you can find your job. If you do, there is a code with it. Google that code and you will see the MINIMUM qualifications and experience needed to come to Australia. This is generally for the 457 visa. Often you need more experience to pass the skills assessment that you would need to do for a skilled independent visa or a state sponsored visa (and some employer sponsored visas).

Hi Lee & Talia!

Welcome to PIA!

South Australia is a wonderful place to live but it's a tough task getting here.

If you're serious about moving here then forget about houses, areas to live etc for the moment and get acquainted with the immi.gov.au website. The only way to get a visa is to have the skills they're looking for and a lot of paperwork to back it up. The visa process is long and frustrating. Once visa is sorted you can look forward to the nicer decision making!

Sorry to rain on your parade somewhat!

I can't help with advise re visa types etc as it's all changed since we applied.

Wishing you the best of luck with the whole process!