Hello, moving to Moana soon

SMKD75

Hi everyone

We are looking to move out by the end of April. We are lucky and have been able to secure a lovely rental in Moana.

Been following the site for quite a while and I have found a out a lot of helpful information. No doubt we will have plenty of questions to ask over the coming months.

We are in the process of selling our house and everything is hectic here and I think the reality of it is really beginning to hit home!

Sue :biggrin:

Hi sue, we are moving out next spring time and moana is one of our prefered areas, looks really nice so hopefully it will be a place that we might settle! Had a quick question, how did you go about securing your rental while in the uk? We're the agents fairly happy to do this? Also what will you do about furniture when you first arrive? Will you live on the floor for the first couple of days before buying stuff? That's one of our concerns about renting before as we have 2 small children. But would so love to have house sorted so we are not paying for holiday rental which will be more expensive and having to move twice.

thanks for any info about how you have gone about things

:biggrin:

Hi Reena, we went on a reccie and loved Moana. The beach is lovely and we found the area family friendly and everyone we met was so nice. Our children are aged 11 and 14 and they really love the area, which is great as they are as keen as us to move. Whilst our kids are older, I would love to have had the opportunity to have gone over earlier as the parks and beaches are so family friendly. We followed a lead from this website for our rental, so keep an eye out for breaks in leases or rentals. Our rental has gone through an agent, we sent copies of our PR visa, passport etc and paid the bond to secure the property.

We have fell lucky as we are also able to purchase some furniture from the current owner, but I have also seen from this website that there are many items for sale which can help out until your furniture arrives. Hopefully this helps, please feel free to contact me if I can help any more.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Seems like we are at the same stage and we dont know which way to turn and like yourselves we hope to be be out by End of April, but was told by solicitors yesterday house will be completed by end of March so we are now panicking as there is so much to do, still both working full time, still got the dogs to sort out so that they are able to fly more or less same time as ourselves, but without exact dates you really cannot look for rentals, flights etc etc can you!!

Writing letters for children to say they will be finishing school soon and yes its becoming reality now and also when we had people in to quote the cost of shipping our stuff over too!!

We are looking at Port Noarlunga area so if anyone knows of any leases coming to an end in that area thats pet friendly please pm me.

And would be good to meet up with you guys when we get there Sue as we have a 13 year old and 17 year old too!!

Bal & family x

:arghh:

Edited by Bal67
spelling mistake

Hi Bal

I know what you mean, we haven't got final dates for our house sale and are just hoping that everything ties in. We are holding off booking our flights until everything is confirmed and then we will just have to sort out some temporary accommodation for a few weeks!

We are both still working full time and are finding there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day. I hadn't realised how much we had accumulated over the years and we are only planning on using a move cube.

Yes it would be lovely to meet up and share experiences when we get there. Best of luck with the rest of your planning and keep us informed.

Sue

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Sue,

Seems like we are at the same stage and we dont know which way to turn and like yourselves we hope to be be out by End of April, but was told by solicitors yesterday house will be completed by end of March so we are now panicking as there is so much to do, still both working full time, still got the dogs to sort out so that they are able to fly more or less same time as ourselves, but without exact dates you really cannot look for rentals, flights etc etc can you!!

Writing letters for children to say they will be finishing school soon and yes its becoming reality now and also when we had people in to quote the cost of shipping our stuff over too!!

We are looking at Port Noarlunga area so if anyone knows of any leases coming to an end in that area thats pet friendly please pm me.

And would be good to meet up with you guys when we get there Sue as we have a 13 year old and 17 year old too!!

Bal & family x

:arghh:

Hi

we moved to Southern metro in December. We sorted out our rental when we got here. The rental initially was for no pets, but once in we asked if our dog follows would they consider and they agreed once they know you will look after the house and he is house trained. He is following us out august and I can't wait. I have teenage children as well and I am sure they would love to meat some new children in similar situations if you fancy it. Good luck with the move.

Hi

we moved to Southern metro in December. We sorted out our rental when we got here. The rental initially was for no pets, but once in we asked if our dog follows would they consider and they agreed once they know you will look after the house and he is house trained. He is following us out august and I can't wait. I have teenage children as well and I am sure they would love to meat some new children in similar situations if you fancy it. Good luck with the move.

Hi guys,

Would definitely love to meet up, I will PM you.

Bal

Hi everyone

We are looking to move out by the end of April. We are lucky and have been able to secure a lovely rental in Moana.

Been following the site for quite a while and I have found a out a lot of helpful information. No doubt we will have plenty of questions to ask over the coming months.

We are in the process of selling our house and everything is hectic here and I think the reality of it is really beginning to hit home!

Sue :biggrin:

Hi Sue,

Forgot to ask, how do you go about securing a rental from the UK?

Bal.

Hi Bal

We actually secured our rental through a lead on this website. However, it did go through a rental agent and we just filled in all the forms and it ran smoothly. For ID, we used our UK details, passports and sent a copy of our visa.

We were told though that the landlord had the final decision, who luckily was originally from the UK for us. We did also have to pay the bond and a few weeks rent to secure the rental.

If I was you, I would try for anything you see online and on real-estate.com as you never know. However we have visited Moana and knew where we wanted to be based. But saying that I think that all the south suburb's are nice, we looked from Hallett Cove to Moana and loved the coastline.

We are still hoping to be out late April, how are your plans coming on?

Sue