Hello Everyone

Guest The McLs

Guest The McLs

Hello everyone,

Just starting to look around this site as we are seriously starting to plan our move from UK around Nov 14.

We are lucky enough to have the permanent residency visas and now need to sort a few other things. Will hunt around the site before asking the usual questions.

Coming across with our 3 1/2 year old and looking forward to the adventure.

Hope you are all having fun out there.

Cheers

The McLs

Guest The McLs
Hi there! We moved here in feb and have a three and a half year old too - feel free to ask anything if I can help I will!

Well done you guys, we are sitting in UK and looking at the list of jobs and thinking ....... (we only moved from Asia to UK a couple of years ago and then moved twice in UK, so having a rest at the moment)

How is your wee one settled in over there? Ours is making lots of friends at the moment......

Sure we will have lots and lots of questions, so thanks for offering to help.

Good luck with everything over there :)

Well done you guys, we are sitting in UK and looking at the list of jobs and thinking ....... (we only moved from Asia to UK a couple of years ago and then moved twice in UK, so having a rest at the moment)

How is your wee one settled in over there? Ours is making lots of friends at the moment......

Sure we will have lots and lots of questions, so thanks for offering to help.

Good luck with everything over there :)

She is settling in really well - had a few tantrums which is unusual for her but overall she has adjusted well! There's lots for the little ones here! Anyway just ask anything at all - if like to help like other people have helped me! :)

Guest milsman

Hi All

Good to see you guys are settling pretty well. For me, I'll be moving over to Adelaide in June-July 2014.We are a couple with an 8 year old daughter and its for her that we are moving to Adelaide from India on a skilled-nominated PR. Having this sinking feeling since some time now, whether we are doing the right thing as we are quite well settled in India with monthly earnings well over the high limits per India standards.

Though my hubby has been nominated by SA against nominated occupation of a CIO but he's having a real tough time just trying to find jobs at his level or even a level below in Adelaide and the scenario looks quite dismal, not sure if we're making the right move.

I am a qualified Homoeopath & Lifestyle expert specializing in food & nutrition with over 14+ yrs of flourishing private practice in India and unfortunately there seems to be nothing available for me professionally there too, so by the end of the day both of us are in a fix.

I'm seeking your inputs on the job scene in Adelaide since you guys are now settled and are on-ground.

Hey Bubbl: I'm seeking your help in my above post :-)

Hi milsman

I'd love to help and offer more insight but I'm afraid I'm not in the same career sector as you and so I'm not sure about the demand here - perhaps someone else reading this may know? I do know that on the whole it is pretty difficult to secure a job before you arrive and this certainly was the case for us but my husband was offered a job straight away and got interviews afterwards but I think this is because of the need for maths teachers here - I'm not sure about your careers sorry. I haven't seen many homeopathic places around but I suppose I haven't been looking so maybe there is a niche in the market? I'm really not sure.

It sounds like you're doing really well at home in India and it certainly would be a risk to leave that behind and potentially have to earn a lot less or take on a new career path but if you're keen to do it and don't want to look back and say what if then maybe you could google for any places with potential jobs or they may be able to give you more advice about likelihood of gaining employment/wages etc.

Sorry I'll let you know if I think of anything else! Good luck! :)

Guest milsman
Hi milsman

I'd love to help and offer more insight but I'm afraid I'm not in the same career sector as you and so I'm not sure about the demand here - perhaps someone else reading this may know? I do know that on the whole it is pretty difficult to secure a job before you arrive and this certainly was the case for us but my husband was offered a job straight away and got interviews afterwards but I think this is because of the need for maths teachers here - I'm not sure about your careers sorry. I haven't seen many homeopathic places around but I suppose I haven't been looking so maybe there is a niche in the market? I'm really not sure.

It sounds like you're doing really well at home in India and it certainly would be a risk to leave that behind and potentially have to earn a lot less or take on a new career path but if you're keen to do it and don't want to look back and say what if then maybe you could google for any places with potential jobs or they may be able to give you more advice about likelihood of gaining employment/wages etc.

Sorry I'll let you know if I think of anything else! Good luck! :)

Thanks Bubbl, your words surely pacifies my anxiety. As you rightly said, the difficulty might be more due to the physical non-availability at this time and we should hope of getting it sorted out once we are there on-ground.

Thanks once again.