woooohooooo Hello!

Guest Abyss

Guest Abyss

Well that was an exciting hello! I'm just high on thoughts at the moment :goofy:

Will give you guys a quick run down! I have been looking to emigrate to OZ, one way or another, for the last few years. I was hopign to get over on a sponsored visa but I didnt really bring my self to get all the stuff done in time,,I got an agent, paid them lots, did an IELTS test, got my paperwork together, about to send it in (a year or so later) and my occupation (IT 3rd line support) has been removed from the SOL..bum :skeptical:

I accept I was a bit slow on the uptake and when I first got my idea together I should have acted alot quicker, but paper work delays, references, all sorts just took its time and it set the pace that this was something that could be done, slowly, but come to fruition eventually. well it didnt. :dull:

We haven't given up on coming over, we had a few other ideas, one being to apply and try get a sponsored 457 visa. This option now is looking one step closer as my partner has an interview for a marketing managers position in Adelaide with an offer of visas and flights sorted for us both :notworthy:

OK were still a long way from this working out, but it provides us with hope now, we are both skilled & educated workers, earn a good wage, pay taxes, surely it cant be this hard! We just want to come and do the same in Australia! Event if this job doesnt work out, we are going to be relentless at succeeding and doing what ever we can to get out and have a go :rolleyes:

So hello everyone

Christian:tongue:

Ohhhh, they don't make it easy that's for sure. Some people think that makes you appreciate it more. It just made me bitter about the whole process (job coming off the list, changing rules with no notice, refusing to accept valid applications within the closing date time etc).

Once you here though you soon forget all that (well once you have pr).

Good luck!

Guest Abyss
Ohhhh, they don't make it easy that's for sure. Some people think that makes you appreciate it more. It just made me bitter about the whole process (job coming off the list, changing rules with no notice, refusing to accept valid applications within the closing date time etc).

Once you here though you soon forget all that (well once you have pr).

Good luck!

Yes tell me about, it has cost me £1200 to try and get the sponsored visa, the agent now has my money and cant give me a refund because the goalposts have been changed. so thats a bummer too. If we can get the 457 visa then I will ask them to assist on that. Worse case scenario I go on a tourist visa, my partner on a WHV, then go from there, but that really is scraping the barrel, especially when we want to bring our vehicle and some stuff too so anything less than a 457 just makes it expensive/pointless.

Ps, what part of Manchester are you from?

I live in Didsbury, South Manchester, moved into the area in 2007 and its been great, really do love the place, burton road, west didsbury, chorlton etc, but we have grown out of the lifestyle now a days, cant afford anything other than the 2 bed flat we have so that is being spruced up and put on the market pronto :smile:

Guest Abyss
Hello Abyss, You are very welcome to PIA, Good luck with your plans!

Thanks, I will need some luck it would seem, but lets see how things go eh :)

Guest Abyss

Just a quick update, my partner had her skype interview, went very well, she spoke to the recruiter an hour later and he had already received feedback from the client, and it was really good, so things are looking good so far :). The company was also interested in my skills and quals too, which as the partner of the 457 is strange but they were suitable impressed and said there may also be a position for me in the geek world, fingers crossed :)

We also live in the real world where she may not get this job, in which case we have to keep looking, or hope we can get a sponsored visa...

Hi Abyss

As a fellow didsbury person I can tell you that Adelaide is very similar especially around Brighton where I now Live, the main two differences are the beach and the sun! Though I do miss some of the pubs in Didsbury and friends from the Rugby Club. It is well worth the journey and if you have any questions about it here just ask. We have only been here 6 months but really enjoy the lifestyle, It took us over 2 years to get a visa through even using an agent. We are back in South manchester for easter so if you fancy a beer send me a pm

Guest Abyss
Hi Abyss

As a fellow didsbury person I can tell you that Adelaide is very similar especially around Brighton where I now Live, the main two differences are the beach and the sun! Though I do miss some of the pubs in Didsbury and friends from the Rugby Club. It is well worth the journey and if you have any questions about it here just ask. We have only been here 6 months but really enjoy the lifestyle, It took us over 2 years to get a visa through even using an agent. We are back in South manchester for easter so if you fancy a beer send me a pm

Hi Kevinr, this is very good news, sounds like what we thought, and ironically my OH Rebecca did say lets check Brighton out since she used to live in Brighton in the UK lol.

I can see burton road bars being missed, they will have changed a bit since you were last over, a nice craft beer shop (another one of my hobbies ;)) has opened up too :)

Also for sure I would be up to meeting and having a drink and chit chat, providing you can deal with us asking loads of questions :) WIll drop you my number now ;)

Hi Kevinr, this is very good news, sounds like what we thought, and ironically my OH Rebecca did say lets check Brighton out since she used to live in Brighton in the UK lol.

I can see burton road bars being missed, they will have changed a bit since you were last over, a nice craft beer shop (another one of my hobbies ;)) has opened up too :)

Also for sure I would be up to meeting and having a drink and chit chat, providing you can deal with us asking loads of questions :) WIll drop you my number now ;)

Drop me a line when you get here - OH is seriously into beers, drinking and brewing them and training to be a beer judge, so I'm sure he could put you in touch with a few like-minded souls!

Guest Abyss
Drop me a line when you get here - OH is seriously into beers, drinking and brewing them and training to be a beer judge, so I'm sure he could put you in touch with a few like-minded souls!

oh beer buddies deffo cant have enough of them,,tell him im on untappd (as abyss), the mrs currently works for a brewery in the UK as a marketing manager, and we have dreams in the future of opening some sort of craft microbrewery beach bar haha..thats way off,,but my buddy who is marrying an ozzie this year, and is moving over to oz too, will also be having that very same intention. Were both big brewdog fans and shareholders ;)

Guest Abyss

Quick update. My partner has been successful to the next stage and 2nd interview is on Friday :)

There was 2 other candidates, which have not been successful to the next stage...so fingers crossed :) :)

We have a nervous week ahead!

oh beer buddies deffo cant have enough of them,,tell him im on untappd (as abyss), the mrs currently works for a brewery in the UK as a marketing manager, and we have dreams in the future of opening some sort of craft microbrewery beach bar haha..thats way off,,but my buddy who is marrying an ozzie this year, and is moving over to oz too, will also be having that very same intention. Were both big brewdog fans and shareholders ;)

He goes on a brewing forum called brewadelaide - you open the bar, he and his SA Brew Club mates will come brew the craft beers for you!

Guest Abyss

Update on interview progress:

The OH has had her second interview on skype this morning with the company MD; went very well, shes been invited for a face to face interview in a few weeks, in London which is easier, they have also offered to fly us both out for a week to check were ok with it all! ha, awesome eh..well, were going to say just fly us out, no return ticket to check, were coming anyway..well its still subject to this third interview but we have found out no other candidates have made it to the second interview stage so stuff looks really promising.

He goes on a brewing forum called brewadelaide - you open the bar, he and his SA Brew Club mates will come brew the craft beers for you!

I will go check that one out Diane, as I will be looking to get into a brew club for sure :

Tonight we will be found in the BrewDog bar in Manchester, celebrating :)