First post from Adelaide!

Guest kobi

Been in auz just over a week.

Spent a few nights in Sydney and then a few more in Melbourne.

Last 2 nights we've been in mawson lakes as our base to explore adelaide and the surrounding areas.

Very different to the UK and so far finding Adelaide very much quieter and more relaxed than Melbourne/Sydney!

Spent yesterday at Gleneg and semaphore beach and also a short drive into the hills.

Both beaches lovely. Any of you guys living there very lucky.

Stunning views from the hills. A bit too high up for the missus though!

Mawson lakes is a new development type area. Lots of new builds everywhere.

Wouldn't be our ideal choice of relocation area but a nice enough place for a base for our trip.

Going back into TORRENS Park area today as this appears to be where the missus has done alot of research.

I'll be logging on and off over the next few days if anyone else is able to recommend good family suburbs to look at?

Most Important aspect is schooling to be honest, starting at primary level.

Cheers!

Kobi

Edited by kobi

Torrens park I don't really know. Other side of airport.

Suburb wise we wanted nearer the hills over beach so opted for Aberfoyle Park/Flagstaff Hill/Coromandel Valley area. Lots of very good primary schools to choose from though a few are zoned. Good high schools also for those suburbs.

Guest Guest12727
Torrens park I don't really know. Other side of airport.

Suburb wise we wanted nearer the hills over beach so opted for Aberfoyle Park/Flagstaff Hill/Coromandel Valley area. Lots of very good primary schools to choose from though a few are zoned. Good high schools also for those suburbs.

Not sure where you are thinking of Snifter, but Torrens Park is in the southern foothills. It is at the top of Unley Rd, just as you start to go up Old Belair Rd to Belair.

It is an established suburb with good access to City, Beaches and Hills. My ex in laws live there so used to go there a lot, their house had a view to the sea.

If you like the foothill locations then try further west along to Eden Hills, some of the North East foothills suburbs, Rostrevor, Athelstone, Highbury or my favourite Stonyfell. These all vary in median house price with Stonyfell and Torrens Park more expensive and the others all lower and fairly similar.

Cheers guys.

Just literally back from flagstaff hill.

A big new housing development there. All very shiny and bling.

House pricing there seems more reasonable with certainly larger lots and aberfoyle area was more what I expected. Quiet safe looking open spaced cup de sacs.

Earlier this morning was back in torrens park and then Burnside areas. Very nice established suburbs nr the city.

Quite pricey but I guess that's the price for the location.

Tomorrow off to port norlunga area.

Seen lots of areas all with their own merits. Certainly not an easy decision!

If you like Glenelg and Semaphore, check out the suburbs in between. Henley and Grange are lovely and although I don't have kids I hear good things about the schools, Henley High in particular has a good reputation.

They're not the cheapest suburbs but the lifestyle so near the beautiful beaches is fab. Fulham Gardens is the next suburb back from Henley so a little cheaper, but still nice and close to the beach and not far from the city.

Good luck and enjoy :-)