how to get involved in entry level mine work?

Guest naphausen1

Guest naphausen1

Hi guys, I have just arrived in Adelaide a few weeks ago and am really keen to get involved in working in the mines. I have no experience working in the mines yet, however I am strong, fit and a really quick learner. I would be looking to get an entry level position. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Lewis

Guest Guest12727

There are various certificates you have to obtain. http://www.seeklearning.com.au/mining-courses?CampaignCode=LRN:SEM:SEMG:DS16:Mining&ppc=1&gclid=CPeQveb_rr4CFceUvQodC14Alg#filter=off

The following link gives a list of companies with mining in SA, take a look at their websites for information.

http://www.entrylevelminingjob.com.au/mining-south-australia/

A mate of mines just got the bump yesterday from some mining company in WA been there a couple of years and said there is nothing going at the moment. Another friend was getting a start in the mines was arranged to go to Queensland for induction two days before he was to go got a call to say it was cancelled that was only a couple of weeks ago.So to get a start you will be lucky or have to be in the right place at the right time. Good luck with your search.