House sale fell through

Guest bobbster

Guest bobbster

Hi we are really fed up now 7 weeks to we fly and our house sale as fell through. What to do ? should we leave it with the estate agents to sell or rent it out, any advice would be greatly appreciated on this night:arghh:mare

I believe things have changed since we sold our house, but we had a similar problem and simply left it for the real estate guys to sort it out.

We decided against renting it out, and made it very clear that the fact we were emigrating would not mean we would accept any silly offers.

It all went well. Documents were sent for us to sign (and only once, so easy as), and that was it. I think it sold about six weeks after we arrived here.

:wubclub: LC

Guest Claire-n-tel

Yep i'd agree with Lazy Cow......from memory we signed over to our soliciter and then left the estate agent to sell it, we were going to west africa so would be hard to keep in touch so told them we didn't want reports on every veiwing and just to contact us if got an offer over x amount.

It was a bit scary but it all went fine it was less than a month after we left that we got the call and accepted a great offer at which point we let our soliciter know to go ahead.

PS the 6 months we rented it out for previous to that was a nightmare and we ended up losing several thousand pounds, would personally never do it again.

good luck:wink:

Guest leeannekays

We had the same thing happen, we sold our house and shipped everything out to Adelaide and moved in with my mum to save more money as we would have no mortgage. Then the sale fell through, I felt sick. Then it sold again then it fell through again. The house was sat empty and we were still paying the mortgage! Then we were flying out and we thought about renting, the reason we didn't is the house was all nice and up together and if we rented it out it would get worn and we were not planning on going back to the UK so we hung in there. It sold again and we signed the sale over to the solicitor to handle. We moved out in the April and thehouse finally completed the sale in the July. We were not able to save the extra cash. Good luck with the move and it will work out for you.

Leeanne

its so very tricky trying to sort everything around a house sale that is quite likely to fall through the way they sell houses in the uk is just shocking it really needs to change. We decided renting out was much easier and more legally binding with contracts right at the start so they have to rent it. You will find a lot of people here have properties still in the UK as its still unsure what the market is doing back there its really depends on the area you are in and what tenant you can get if its a reasonably good rental amount you should attract a good tenant, really depends on your situation and if you need the funds from the sale straight away , good luck and sorry to hear your news I would just hate that

Hi we are really fed up now 7 weeks to we fly and our house sale as fell through. What to do ? should we leave it with the estate agents to sell or rent it out, any advice would be greatly appreciated on this night:arghh:mare

• 1 month later...
Guest bobbster

Thanks for all your help and advice but we have just finished work and only got two weeks till we fly out to Adelaide and still no sign of a buyer even though we have dropped the price by 10k ,getting very stressed now