As had been said on this site many times before, the most important things to bring are
- Multi-way UK plug adapters so that you don't have to change all the plugs on your individual electrical appliances over to Australian ones (just the ones on the adapters). We have lived with half English half Australian plugs (in both countries) for the past 20 years and it just seems normal.
- Money (lots of it)
- A sense of humour
- A return ticket to the UK (only joking!!)
- Anything and everything that has sentimental value and means a lot to you
On the subject of food (imo) -
- Arnotts Custard Creams are revolting, nothing like UK ones.
- Sayo biscuits are the same as Cream Crackers, just a lot more expensive.
- Tea Bags are very weak here, have tried all the brands and the best I've found so far is Taylors of Harrogate English Breakfast Tea from Woolworths.
- Luckily Coles have recently started selling Carte Noire instant coffee and Tyrells hand-made Crisps (yum)