10 must things to do / see in Adelaide this November

GLDUBYA

Hi,

We are in Adelaide this Novemeber for a 2 week recce trip (approx 10th to 25th) - checking out schools and where to live aside.......what would you suggest for things to do and see around this time? - (have 5 yr old daughter)...

We have checked out the SA websites, but it would be interesting to hear what you all thought were the best bits to cram in...

Cheers

Gary.

I would do all the the things that are here all the time. A few beaches, the hills, wander down North terrace and see the museums, art galleries. Get a feel for the shops and generally do what locals do, don't be a tourist, as that's not the life you will be leading.

I think I am saying don't look for what's on just when you are here.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Gary. We came over in April for our reccie and spent a lot of time going round show homes etc...which bored the life out of the kids! Besides that though, we went to the central market (loved the food courts in china town), went out to the hills, spent time in Semaphore and Glenelg, dolphin cruise from Port Adelaide, bimbled around the CBD, Mount Lofty, Cleland Wildlife Park was fab. We also met up with some Recruitment agencies to get a feel for the employment market which was worth doing. Was a little too chilly for days on the beach when we were there but should be warmer for you. Also spent time going round the Malls etc to look at prices. Your 2 weeks will fly by. Where are you staying? Regards, Sarah.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sarah,

We have found a nice looking place in West beach..looks like a good enough spot to mount the reccie from

Think thats the difficulty,, getting around to do all of those important jobs and try and rush around to attempt to see as many 'burbs / schools as possible.. and not make it too boring for the 'dustbin lids'

and as AN states above, we should try and not be the 'tourist' and do the things that you would be doing everyday once you are here for good.. but will be hard as we will still be like kids in a candy store..trying to soak as much as poss.

Central market sounds great... (really like my grub!!) and Cleland park sounds great to entertain our little girl

Cant wait!!

Hi GLDUBYA,

Would really recommend Clelend, we have a 3 year old and she loved it, lots to see and $30 if you want your photo taken with a Koala! Being English, we did lol!

Glenelg is nice, lovely shops, The Beach house with little rides for tiny tots! bit pricey but great fun! Beach is good too as is Brighton!

We have done Glen Ewin Wine Estate and been down to the Barossa which is just lovely!

There is so much to do and lots to see, you won't be short of options, just depends on what you prefer!

Guest Guest75
Hi GLDUBYA,

Would really recommend Clelend, we have a 3 year old and she loved it, lots to see and $30 if you want your photo taken with a Koala! Being English, we did lol!

Ashleigh, next time try The Gorge Wildlife Park at Cudlee Creek, the Koala viewing is free and you get to take your own pics.

Hi GLDUBYA,

Glenelg is nice, lovely shops, The Beach house with little rides for tiny tots! bit pricey but great fun! Beach is good too as is Brighton!

We have done Glen Ewin Wine Estate and been down to the Barossa which is just lovely!

There is so much to do and lots to see, you won't be short of options, just depends on what you prefer!

Did you have the professional pic with a koala? We took our own, which was no charge. One of the staff snapped a few for me so son and I could be in the pics together.

The paid for ones you did get to hold one iirc, but son would never have been able to cart one of those for a pic, so him standing next to one and stroking it, he was happy as anything.

IIRC for the koala viewings, they have set times and if you rock up nearer the end when the queue has gone, or there isn't really anyone waiting, you get to spend longer with them and the keepers are happy to chat.

Hi Snifter,

Yes we got the professional picture, felt like we had to as you had to que and pay before you held the Koala! But we went with some friends and they took some extra ones too! I held it and my husband and little girl were in the picture, my little girl has her hand on it's paw! She went to touch his back but the lady quickly told us that you can't do that as they don't like it?!