TRA JOB HISTORY

Guest adenick

Guest adenick

Hi there everyone. :D We are Ade and Nicky and are about to start our TRA application. OH is applying under a skilled visa as a Carpenter. However the TRA application is already starting to try us so can't imagine how bad the actual visa will be!! :roll: Can anyone tell us whether the TRA really insist on the entire work history back to when you first start at 16. This is already presenting problems as OH can't remember all his jobs since leaving school!!

Also this may sound stupid but how much exactly is the perm visa application as when I read on one site it was 2 payments: the 1st of about £800 and the second of approx £1200. Not sure if this is just for people who can't speak much English. :?

Guest dglamoore

HI Ade and Nicky

welcome to PIA :lol: We had to do TRA too and it still haunts me :roll:

We requested a National Insurance history from the tax office as Greg could not remember dates for some of his employers. It listed them all with dates so did make life a bit easier - plus we included a copy to TRA as proof of some of the employers that were no longer around.

There is only 1 payment for the main visa application which is roughly $800 dependning on the exchange rate at the time. Anything you get stuck with shout :D

Lisa

Hi there :)

The TRA bit for my OH was a tricky one to but he did have to include all his work history & the approximate dates, luckily though there were 4 companies & the past 6 years have been self employed, which IMO, was much easier to gain evidence similarly to what Lisa collated for Greg above

Good luck, BTW the visa was $1998 (I think) around £800 I am sure someone else will confirm this to

Angela

Guest happy-jools

The payment for the TRA is $300 but the Visa about £800 at the mo.

The Tra was long, tedious and hard work, but worth the effort when we passed in just three weeks. Yipeee.

Guest adenick
:D thanks everyone for the replies re: visa amount and tips about getting the evidence for past employers who myOH can't remember. I also thought I would look on Companies House to see if I can get proof regarding employers who have been dissolved or folded. Do they try to ring all the employers and how can they prove that you are not just making your references up :?: It seems ridiculous that we have to get a reference from an employer that my OH worked for 20+ years ago for a couple of weeks when it doesn't have any bearing on his current trade!! We are also interested in finding out where the friendliest suburbs are when you have kids. Ours are 13 and virtually 4. Any replies would begreat and very useful :!:

Guest graandjac

HI Ade and Nicky iam just finishing my TRA as a roof tiler and slater, via our agent they said that going back 10 years was ok if you have no formal qualifications like most of us dont,as they see experence as good as bits of paper to say you can do the job. References from builders or customers you work for, look at your job description for the trade you are going as, and there points that they want you to match , so all references need to be relevent not just that you are a nice bloke and you turn up for work on time. pvt me if you want as i have just put ours together and our agent is well pleased hope this helps

good luck Graham

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dagget

Hi Guys,

Could you tell me if you still need the ten years work experience if you HAVE got trade certificates? I've got indentures, City & Guilds certs and all that stuff, I'm just not sure if I should still be searching down employers and writing-up Stat decs if I dont need to? The last employer I worked for has given me an employers statement and I worked for them for 12 years. Also, if you've written out these stat decs do you still need to fill out section 8 of the TRA application form ( relevant work experience)? Sorry so many questions

This is doing my head in at the mo!

Thanks, Dags

Guest graandjac

Hi Dags, at last my TRA was sent to oz today,the more info the better,my agent asked me to do a stat dec for my time being self employed as an alternative to a present job reference (last 11 years) and that was on top of question 8! I sent references from just about everyone Builders,public liability insurance comp, prof of advertising bank manager,accountant, well you get the pic,if you wanted a copy of the instructions the our agent sent us would be happy to send Good luck hope this helps

Graham

PS get 2 stat decs for your self employment done now as my agent says another is needed for visa application!!

Guest Dagget

Hi graandjac,

I THINK I sent you a pm last night asking about the instructions for the TRA from your agent. I say think, I've never done a PM on this forum before so i'm hoping I got it right first time. Could you send a reply to say if you got it or not?

Cheers, Dags