Painter & Decorator jobs in Adelaide?

Guest LisaPaul

Guest LisaPaul

Hi everyone, we are new to this forum and just about to begin the process for a 489 visa. Is it tough to find work as a Painter & Decorator in Adelaide?

Also, we have 3 small children and are wondering where the worst suburbs (high crime areas) are so that we can avoid them?

Many thanks

Lisa

Hi everyone, we are new to this forum and just about to begin the process for a 489 visa. Is it tough to find work as a Painter & Decorator in Adelaide?

Also, we have 3 small children and are wondering where the worst suburbs (high crime areas) are so that we can avoid them?

Many thanks

Lisa

Hello, and welcome :smile:

I don't know anything about painting jobs here, but I noticed this guy was looking for help the other day, so perhaps you could contact him? He's posted vacancies three times since they arrived, so may be worth a pm?

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/jobs-careers/43084-painters-needed.html

As for the 'worst suburbs' thing, it usually ends up with a big argument as people defend their area whilst slating somene else's lol!

I would look around the site, Google, SAPOL etc before you get here. Then think about what you want from your new home ( beach/ hills/ facilities ..), where the work might be, and go look. The final test, for us, has always been to knock on prospective neighbours' doors and ask them!

Good luck.

:cool: LC

Guest Guest12727

Like LC I have no direct knowledge of the industry, but there are many on here who do and will come along shortly to help I am sure.

Re Worst crime suburbs, what exactly do you mean? In general Adelaide has low crime rates and sometimes there are some particular issues that flare up but they are usually transient. For example at present there is the odd bikie/drug related crime reported and this has been happening over the last couple of years. They are not in one place specifically and unless you are into bikie gangs and drug dealing you probably won't be affected by this. There is the very rare situation of an innocent bystander being a victim but this can't be predicted and is rare - they target their own.

House break ins / snatch and grab happens everywhere. We take basic security measures as we would anywhere, but do not feel particularly at risk.

Most murders are committed by people known to the victim.

In most areas there are nicer bits and not so nice bits. Normally you can tell easily by how people upkeep their homes. Many of the older run down areas are being rejuvenated.

Start reading the online Adelaide news and local (messenger) papers to gain a feel if this particularly bothers you.

Don't fix your heart on a suburb until you are here, know where you will be working and can see for yourself. Everyone thinks of Adelaide as a small city, but geographically it is very long South to North and the wrong location can make for a long work commute.

Good luck with all the preparations