arriving in september with 5 year old son husband and dog!

Guest jo and james a'bear

Guest jo and james a'bear

hello,

we are new to this sight I have often read other peoples threads and thought what a friendly bunch everyone is so now ive got brave and decided to say HELLO, we are moving back to Adelaide in September with a 5 year old son husband and dog Marley, we lived in Reynella for 3 years from 2006-2009 so we no we love Adelaide, we had a forced return to UK due to family health, and Lucas our son was born in uk we arrive in mid September and have a house in Brighton but im really worried as Lucas loves his friends and the key to making this work for us as a family is him having some buddies to meet up with at parks ect, so I'm putting this out to say HI.

We are normal family both 33, im a hairdresser my husband works in university sport management with a 7 yr old labxretriever family looking to meet new friends we non smoking but do enjoy a beer or glass of wine. xxx

Hi,

I wouldn't worry too much about your son, at that age, he will soon pick up new mates. He will feed off your emotions, if you are happy then I am sure he will be too.

We have a soon to be 5 year old (oct) and a crazy labrador, so in a pretty similar situation. Would be happy to meet up at a park or something when you arrive, let the kids play :-)

I'm sure your son will be fine. Our son was 5 when we made the move and his friendships are really important to him and he has loved it here, settled really well and made heaps of friends. He has friends he sees in the week after school, on weekends and at sports clubs. Plus we mix socially with some of his friends parents having gotten to know them so its made it better all round. We also recently moved areas and he's made friends with the kids next door and they play out in the street or at each others houses.

Feel free to drop me a message and when you guys arrive. Our son is always happy to meet new kids too :)

Hi,

We go to a playgroup in Brighton on a Wednesday so if you wanted to check it out, let me know. I have 2 girls aged 4 and 1.

My eldest daughter has certainly been aware that she doesn't see her friends and cousins anymore and has definitely been happier, more settled and more herself since we've been able to go on play dates and her have new friends to play with.

Drop me a line when you get here. Good luck with the final preparations x

Guest Littlesar76

Hi - we've been here just over a year and I was worried about my kids making friends (and me too!) but I've made great friends through the Wednesday playgroup at the Lighthouse church on Jetty Road (10 to 12pm, he would be one of the older ones but there are a few 5 year olds). If you want to come then pm me and I'll meet you there - I was pretty scared the first day I went on my own but so glad I did. My eldest girl and I have also made some great friends through kindy as you hang around the yard a lot, and when you arrange playdates, the kids get to know eachother better too, same goes for school. ps. my girls are almost 5 and 3. x