Back online

Guest BJF

Hiya everyone,

I've just been offline for a few weeks, I had major PC problems and ended up having a new PC, I'm slowly getting all my faves back. I just checked posts since my last visit and found there are 14 pages of posts, :arghh: guess what? I'm not gonna bother reading them. :goofy: Hope I didn't miss anything too interesting.

On May 6th I became an aussie citizen, the ceremony was rather boring and out of the 60 ish names read I could only actually understand maybe a dozen of them, all the rest must've given the poor councilor nightmares hoping he pronounced them correctly. Some of you know that I'm a Girl Guide leader here and it was an honour to have my assistant and 3 of my Guides show up to support me that night.

My flight home (only a visit) is booked, I leave here June 17th and arrive back here July 8th. I'm really looking forward to seeing my family again, first time I will have seen them (except my mum) in 3 1/2 years.....Roll on June 28th, Bon Jovi, Twickenham. :notworthy:

Two weeks ago we got news we'd be leaving Adelaide over the Christmas/New year break, we're posted to Canberra. I haven't checked yet but I hope there's a poms forum there.

Guest Roo1

Good to see ya back with us!

Have a great trip back to the U.K. I believe they are having good weather at the mo! Don't forget to pack yer thongs!;)

Judi x

Guest Django

Hi Di,

Welcome back, we now have our visa so as soon as the house is sold we will be on our way. If you still want us to bring the stuff with us you wanted let me know and it will go in the container.

Pete

Enjoy your trip back and congrats on your citizenship.....Hope youve got your blue passport sorted for your trip. As an Aussie you have to leave and reenter on that passport now.

The good thing about Canberra is it is so close to Sydney only a few hours away, I'm sure you will enjoy it there.