reccie in sept 08

Guest balldavid8

Guest balldavid8

Hi I am kate and my husband David and I are coming to do a reccie in Sept . I am a nurse and david a police man. We are staying in Semaphore and Seaford Rise and are very excited.

We need advice and tips on how to get the most out of our three weeks. I am going to email a few hosps for perhaps an informal visit and david has already expressed an interest with sapol.

We are so fed up with England and know already that this is the right thing to do. Are there any more British nurses and bobbies out there?

Thanks Kate xx

Guest Django

Hi Kate,

Welcome to PIA. My other half Tracey is a nurse and as we now have our visa she is following up the initial contact she made last year with some of the hospitals out there.

There are a few nurses knocking around the place and also the odd bobby.:policeman:

Good luck with the visit and hope it lives up to your expectations. I'm sure it will.;)

Pete

Guest alibongo

hi

Welcome to PIA

I am also a nurse and work in the community here in the UK and have secured a job in practice nursing/ respiratory nurse in the northern suburbs. I have been emailing the guys in Aus for a while and as soon as my visa was granted, I contacted them to tell them and they offered me this job. didnt really even have a formal interview more like a chat on the phone.. looking forward to going out there in a few weeks now.

I think if i were you I would contact the main hospitals if you are a hospital nurse and ask to meet with them while you are there then at least you have a contact when your visa comes through and can get in touch easily. i think it is a weight of your mind if you have a job to go to when you leave the uk

Good luck and enjoy the reccie

Ali

Hi Kate

What sort of nursing do you do?? Have you an idea where you want to settle? That would maybe give you an idea of which hospitals to approach. If you are wanting to settle in the South (I am in Seaford) - I would look at Flinders (public and private), Noarlunga, Burnside (private), RAH (Adelaide city centre - about 40 - 60 mins commute dependent on time), QEH - out near the airport - 50 mins commute, Ashford (private), Wakefiled Calvary (city centre- private) . I am a midwife and am currently working for NASA - doing agency, and have worked at a few of these hospitals although now I have an idea of some of the hospitals I tend to apply for a few jobs on the casual pool - my hubby is a nurse, he works at Wakefield, but does agency too and has worked at a lot of hospitals (not usually any further north than the city). If you need any help yell - you wont struggle to find work!

Lindsey

Guest Guest75

Hiya Kate and David.

Welcome to PIA - becoming a lively forum in here;)

Lots of help and support;)

There are quite a few nurses here so I'm sure you will be able to compare notes.

Has David looking in on the Police Forum - he will get a lot of help and support there...

http://www.police-forum.com/index.php

Guest balldavid8

Sounds like you have everything sorted you lucky devils. Thanks for info i will start:Demailing the hospitals. Enjoy your new life. Kate xxx

Hi Kate,

Welcome to pia, we went on a reccie/holiday last summer. My OH is a nurse and he set up an interview at the Royal Adelaide before we went, we leave at the end of the month!

Good luck I am sure you will have a great time in sept!

Liz