Visa granted!!!!!!!!

samandcraig

Thankyou Tyke :)

Pmckin14- Yeah we have our short term rental booked for middle of March, and my brother is in Darwin so would like to fly there for a week first, I'm sure it's going to fly by now after dragging all this time, do you know which area you were planning on settling in yet? Oh god, there is so much going on in my mind right now!! Ha ha

Fab news, congratulations. Been good to read your progress and hear you've got your grant.

So, when do you land? :cute: Exciting times ahead.

Thankyou so much........we will be out there 21st March, going to try and go and see my brother first who lives in Darwin, now we feel like we can start the real journey xx

Yeah, it can all fall into place now :) That's a good time frame too. Plenty of time to wrap things up there, plan for here without feeling rushed. And arriving in autumn so should still be nice and warm for you for a while as you'll miss the UK and Aus summers. Lovely time of year here.

Thanks everyone......it really is a great feeling, I come onto this site everyday, it's been a great help, thanks everyone ☺️

It seems a long time since we did that - we were on here for hours playing the waiting game, thankfully 'Gollywobbler' and many others in the same boat kept us sane.

Found this old post from June 2011

'Just heard from our agent - we have our Visa (actually granted on 3rd June) We are heading for Adelaide on a CPV143 as soon as we sell our house. We were told this would take 20-24 months but it was only 13 months! Hang in there all you you - it comes round quicker than you think!We'll be on our way as soon as we exchange contracts on the house - but we haven't got a buyer yet!

Had a few viewings but it could take a while. We'll be there by Christmas I'm sure. Decluttered ages ago - a few larger items we are not shipping have homes to go to and the rest will go to charity. Estimates and quotes all done so we are ready to move as soon as we sell this place and book a flight!

We shall be staying with our daughter when we arrive but hope to find a rental/buy a place within 3 months'. (we bought a house 2 weeks after we arrived in the October)

No regrets then jtct?? Luckily we sold our house in March as we have my mothers house to live in because she lives in Nigeria, so we have been able to save since then, so it's been great.

Snifter that's what we were thinking! We thought it would be nice to arrive when it wasn't going to be too hot, we can then see what the winter is like and then look forward to the summer late next year. We live in Workington up in Cumbria, so we are right on the coast just underneath Scotland, let's just say we are use to cold weather so we will need to be eased into the hot weather!! Ha ha x

Hi samandcraig,

our time frames are scarily familiar! We started our visa journey in January this year and I have my medical on Monday (my husband had his last week), we've completed and passed all the other requirements for our 190 visa so this is literally the last stage! How long was the wait from completing your Medicals to having your visa granted? And also, how did you manage to secure your short term rental for adelaide whilst you were still here in the UK? I have heard that it's quite difficult to get a rental when you aren't actually there in person.

congrats on receiving it! Hopefully ours won't be too far behind!

DC

Hi samandcraig,

our time frames are scarily familiar! We started our visa journey in January this year and I have my medical on Monday (my husband had his last week), we've completed and passed all the other requirements for our 190 visa so this is literally the last stage! How long was the wait from completing your Medicals to having your visa granted? And also, how did you manage to secure your short term rental for adelaide whilst you were still here in the UK? I have heard that it's quite difficult to get a rental when you aren't actually there in person.

congrats on receiving it! Hopefully ours won't be too far behind!

DC

Hi there, oh good luck I hope everything goes quickly for you, we went for a 489 visa. We had our medicals on 11th September, and recieved our visa on 16th October, our application was submitted on 25th July, it's worth the wait, believe me :) we have the rental sorted throught a lady on this forum, homes down under, it is just a 4 week rental until we decide where we will settle, please ask if you need anymore advice, good luck with everything, look forward to seeing your visa granted post.....

How very exciting for you!! And thanks for the info on the timelines and rental. I don't think it will be long for us now (as long as my medical is okay of course!) We would like to do a recce at the end of the year or beginning of next year and hopefully move April or May time, so not long after you guys! Whereabouts are you looking to settle?

How very exciting for you!! And thanks for the info on the timelines and rental. I don't think it will be long for us now (as long as my medical is okay of course!) We would like to do a recce at the end of the year or beginning of next year and hopefully move April or May time, so not long after you guys! Whereabouts are you looking to settle?

Sounds good, we chose March so we could try and get use to the weather, we will have winter over here and then winter over there but I think it will be best for us to try and get settled.

We would like to settle by the sea, so been looking at port noarlunga, Brighton, glenelg, but we want to get out there and get a feel for the place....we also need to look at schools as well!! How about you?? X

We live in Brighton UK, so kind of used to being coastal! We want to be near the sea but a short bus/train/tram into the CBD so we can get our fix of city life! Although we don't need to worry about schools as we don't have kids and have none planned so we were looking at potentially Henley beach, Glenelg, maybe Goodwood or Flinders park, but like you, I guess we will see what happens when we get there...and that depends on selling property here first!!

It's sounds like you have got everything planned out, yeah we also like the idea of not being over far away from the city, will you work in the city? Oh I don't know what property sales are like in Brighton, but it took us over 12 month to sell our house! We were pleased we had the flexibility, but we do live way up in Workington so it's quite rural, and not a lot of money this far north! Xx