Starting the visa process!! Info needed please :-)

JoeandCarrie

Hi guys,

My names joe, I'm 27 and have had my own plastering business for 7 years and my o/h is Carrie, she is a paediatric nurse and has been qualified since July this year. We are visiting brisbane in 2 weeks for a months holiday driving down the coast to Sydney. Upon our return we are going to be starting the 189 visa process and hopefully locate to Adelaide as it seems like the ideal city for us to start a family! I know the experience isn't on our side with carries job at the moment and a few agencies say they want 2 years but does anyone have any contacts or suggestions that could help us out at all?

We we look forward to speaking to you all

Thanks Joe and Carrie

Hi Joe & Carrie

Do you mean regarding getting the visa? If so you could go on your trade. My partner is a plasterer & I went as his defacto partner, as long as you can prove you are in a real & ongoing relationship and have lived together (a year I think) so joint bills, lease agreement, photos, invites etc she could be put on your visa. The first thing we had to do was get Charlies skills assessed this was done through TRA, alot of paperwork but over all not to bad, I can send you a list of things we sent if you like. If you havent enough points you will also need to do the IELTS test, then you can submit your EOI.

Sorry if you mean suggestions regarding getting jobs, in which case im no help lol! :smile:

Hi Joe and Carrie

The process for a 189 visa takes about 10 months anyway -if straightforward- so she has time to gain experience. As long as she has a BSc Nursing qual then she will get reg with Ahpra. If diploma thats another story. There are ways to increase points for visa and you have age on your side. As you both have a skill you should be fine. Good luck :-)

Hi Joe and Carrie, myself and my partner are looking at a 189 visa currently getting docs together and hiring a migrant agent.

We were told lots of conflicting things about how to do it. 1 minute we thought it was easy and we could definitely do it and the next minute we thought it would even be possible.

My partner is a painting and decorator of 10 years but no qualifications. He has to do his AQF lll which is an Australian qualification in painting and decorating. We looked at an NVQ in this country but he would of needed 3 years after the qualification for it to count. Once he has done this which only consists of paperwork and a skype call (we hope) he will get his qualification and then we can put the paperwork forward for a skills assessment. I'm not sure if this applies to the Nursing qualification but speak to a migrant agent they can give you an idea of what you might need to look into.

The migrant agent has explained that with my partners 10 years they'll take 3 years off for his qualification and then he'll be left with 7 years, only 5 of which the skills assessment team will take account for. They accept 10years, 8years and 5years all of which you get different points for. He has to do the IELTS test to get the extra points we need to get the 60points for the 189.

I hope this helps you in some way. I'm hoping someone can help me with some questions and queries on here too.

Good luck.