Are we too Old?

Carole Jolly

Guest dave&jacky

Hi Carole,

I am 50 and have been offered a job and sponsorship on a 457 visa in Adelaide, i emailed alot of aussie companys over the last 2 years trying to get sponsorship because once you are over 45 that is the only way you can get in unless you go on a business visa, i found that a lot of them were not too worried about the age thing if you have the right experience but its going through all the visa paper work that puts them off,i had to go over to oz and set up some interviews in Adelaide,Perth and Sydney and managed to get this job offer i have passed the TRA side of things ,and we are now just waiting on getting the ok on the visa ,So i would say in my experience if you have what they are looking for age is not a problem but if you are in your mid 40s dont hang around too long go for.

good luck Dave&jacky.

Hi Jacky. Fortunately we have the VISAs under 136 skilled. Our house is up for sale, but the market is very slow. I think we are now at the stage where it is real and spending our time doing more fact finding. I guess its a little it of the wobbles and want to be sure we are doing the right thing. I suspect you are right though, we need to get a move on. thanks.