working in aus

Guest Jonny150

Guest Jonny150

Hi guys thanks for recent replies to my thread,

Does anyone know where i can apply to, to just go picking fruit or veg or something in australia as i really have no idea where to start or who i could contact.

THANKS

Guest Jonny150

Thanks very much guys for the advice :-) i just tried the link you gave me and as i am 35yo i am not eligable for the working travel visa i think i have to get either a working visa or a travel visa, i can not have the two combined, would you happen to know the link for this? thanks very much

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/Work.aspx

This should allow you to see what sort of visas you care able to apply for, all seem to have different rules for different skillsets. There is no visa which enables you to come and work without having some prospects of obtaining work in your field.

I.e. I don't think you can go fruit picking on any of these visas, it is not a skill in demand, whereas you may be able to have your other skills assessed to see whether they are acceptable by one state or another.

You cannot work on a Tourist visa.